Easter Egg Hunts and Fun in Central Florida
It seems like Spring just arrived in Florida, and now Easter is here, too! If this year seems to be flying by for you like it is for us, then you may have let this holiday sneak up on you. Believe it or not, this weekend is the time to celebrate with bunny photos, egg hunts and fun-filled baskets! So that you can enjoy the holiday, we’ve compiled a list of Easter egg hunts and fun events happening throughout Central Florida. No matter which Highland community you reside in, there’s something happening just minutes from your new home in Florida!
Our neighborhoods of new homes in Ocala offer spacious homes on spacious home sites with prices starting from the $180’s. Conveniently located near I-75 and U.S. Route 301, these neighborhoods offer easy access to downtown Ocala, shopping and dining experiences, and outdoor activities including Ross Prairie State Forest, top-rated golf courses, Florida’s famed crystal-clear springs, parks, nature trails and more.
Celebrate Easter in Ocala at these area events:
- Take photos with the Easter Bunny at The Paddock Mall now through March 31. The Easter Bunny will be in Center Court from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. daily. Want to skip the line? Purchase your Easter Bunny FastPass!
- Let your furry friends in on the Easter fun with the 2nd Annual Paws in the Park at Ocala Downtown Market on Saturday, March 31. Taking place from 9 a.m. until noon, events include a dog costume parade and Easter egg hunt for dogs. Plus, Harold the Downtown Hare will make a special appearance and provide photo opportunities.
- Enjoy evening Easter activities during the Easter Egg Hunt at Ocala Drive-In on Saturday, March 31. Once the hunt is over, stick around for the movie starting at dusk! Gates open at 6 p.m. and the egg hunt starts at 7:30 p.m. Ages 3-12 are welcome, and the event is free.
- Hoppity’s Happy Easter Egg Fun Hunt Eggstravaganza will be held at Silver Springs Shores Community and Youth Center – MSTU on Saturday, March 31 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. This free community event features pictures with Hoppity and pony rides, an Easter egg hunt that starts at 11:30 a.m., and face painting, bounce house, crafts, a coloring contest, food and more!
New homeowners at Gramercy Farms in St. Cloud are minutes away from the greater Orlando area’s best Easter events, and enjoy living near world-famous attractions like Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, which offer fun and events year-round!
If you live in Orlando, Kissimmee or St. Cloud, check out these events through this weekend:
- Meet the Easter Bunny in Magic Kingdom! Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny will be in the Town Square Courtyard through April 1. Kids can also participate in an Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt at Epcot, see the Easter-themed Bunny Drum Corps at Disney Springs and so much more! For the full Easter celebration schedule at Disney, click here.
- Have photos taken with the Easter Bunny at The Florida Mall. Located in Center Court near The Dining Pavilion, the photo opportunity will be available through this Saturday. You can even skip the lines and book your photos online!
- The stunning Gaylord Palms is hosting its Easter Eggstravaganza now through April 1. The special event includes enormous eggs, a Hop-A-Long pool party, Mad Tea Party Escape Room, Easter bunny scavenger hunt and much more! See the full schedule of events and purchase tickets here.
- Adults and children alike will enjoy Escapology Orlando’s Eggcellent Hunt, taking place March 30 and April 1. Participants will have the chance to win big prizes! Eggs will be hidden in all seven game rooms, including special Golden Eggs that feature prizes from attractions like I-Drive 360, Wild Florida, WonderWorks and more. Get more details and purchase tickets from the Facebook event page.
Winter Haven and Lakeland new homes are conveniently located in the heart of Florida, between Tampa and Orlando, offering easy access to both large cities. And, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Haines City offer plenty of hometown events and activities.
From the luxurious gated community of Highlands Grace in south Lakeland, to the beautiful vistas enjoyed by homeowners at The Lakes in Lake Alfred, to Monticelli at Tower Lake which offers new homes in Haines City just 20 miles from Walt Disney World, Highland Homes is proud to call the Lakeland area “home” and build homes in an array of neighborhoods in this desirable region of Central Florida.
If you call the Lakeland area home, you’re convenient to these egg-citing Easter events:
- Looking for a fun way to meet the Easter Bunny? Enjoy Bunny Brunch on Friday, March 30 at 10 a.m. at the Kelly Recreation Complex. This free event allows you to eat pancakes with the Easter bunny, as well as participate in games, egg decorating and more.
- Polk County Parks and Recreation is hosting Easter Egg Hunts on Saturday, March 31 at 9 a.m. for children age 2-9. Admission is free, and every egg contains a prize! The hunts are being held at various locations throughout the county.
- Participate in the 30th City-Wide Easter Egg Hunt in Plant City on Saturday, March 31 starting at 10 a.m. Held at the Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex, this free event is open to children ages 3-11. Two special Golden Eggs are hidden during each hunt, and other activities are available after the egg hunt until noon, including inflatables, air brushing, a trackless train ride and photos with the Easter Bunny. See the full schedule and costs here.
- The Haines City Easter Egg Hunt will take place Saturday, March 31 from 10 a.m. to noon. This free event welcomes ages 2-10. In addition to the egg hunt, the Easter Bunny will be available for photos! The Haines City Easter Egg Hunt takes places at Larry Parrish Baseball Fields.
- Enjoy Winter Haven’s Hippity Hoppity Easter on Saturday, March 31 from 2 to 6 p.m. at Oscars Cause. Enjoy snacks, an egg hunt, games and more. Get directions and register online here.
We have four impressive communities of Tampa Bay homes that are conveniently located near sparkling waterways, glistening Tampa beaches, and exciting downtown Tampa entertainment, while situated in laid-back locales outside of the city proper. Whether you seek low-maintenance townhome living or a single-family home, you’re sure to find what you are looking for at one of our Tampa neighborhoods.
Easter events taking place near our Tampa new homes include:
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Westfield Brandon now through March 31. Find him in his Spring Gazebo at Center Court from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m., except during periodic carrot breaks from 1 to 1:30 p.m. and 5 to 5:30 p.m.
- The Annual Easter Egg Hunt in the Hawthorne Village of Brandon will take place this Friday, March 30 from 11 a.m. until noon. Enjoy photos with the Easter Bunny, refreshments and plenty of fun! This event is intended for children 12 and under.
- Beaumont Ranch presents The Helicopter Easter Egg Drop! Taking place Saturday, March 31 from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., this event is worth the drive. The Easter egg drop starts at 12:30 p.m., and other events include food, music, a petting zoo, pony rides, bounce house, egg decorating table and more. Pre-registration is required, and event pricing varies.
- Join in the Easter Egg Hunt at Brandon Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 31. Taking place from 10 a.m. until noon, the event includes food, face painting, arts and crafts, and more! The event will be held in front of the new Pediatric ER off Vonderburg Drive at the hospital’s south end.
Our popular single-family homes in Palmetto and townhomes in Sarasota offer the best of a Florida lifestyle on Florida’s famed Gulf Coast. Find new homes in Palmetto at Amber Glen, offering ten home designs to choose from with beautiful lake views and a neighborhood playground, or find your ideal luxurious and low maintenance new townhome in North Sarasota at Bradford Manor.
Check out these fun Easter events happening in Bradenton-Sarasota:
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens is hosting Jungle Trails and Bunny Tails this Friday, March 30. Enjoy 50 percent off all kids’ admissions during the event, which includes continuous Easter egg hunt runs from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., Bunny Interaction Stations, a petting zoo, animal shows, pony rides, face painting and more. Plus, have your photos taken with the Easter Bunny!
- Take advantage of the Cotton Tail Special being offered by the Florida Railroad Museum. Travel to Willow on the museum’s vintage train, where you’ll be greeted with a large Easter egg hunt and the Easter Bunny, followed by crafts, toys, a hay wagon, sack races and more. Ticket prices range from $14.50 to $32.50, and can be purchased online here.
- Does your kid love big trucks? Then come out for the Big Truck Day and Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31 at Nathan Benderson Park. Held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., the event gives kids the opportunity to explore the vehicles and trucks you see on the street and meet the people who operate them. Food vendors will also be available. Egg hunts will start at 11 a.m.
Whether you’re a long-time resident or a new transplant to the area, spring is a great time to attend community events, get to know your neighbors and bask in the Florida sunshine!
For more information on building your new home in Ocala, Metor Orlando, Lakeland-Winter Haven, Tampa Bay or Bradenton-Sarasota, contact our Florida New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 or visit www.HighlandHomes.ORG.