Highland Homes, a successful Florida home builder, is now hiring a Construction Manager! The Construction Managers' responsibilities include scheduling subcontractors and vendors, ensuring construction teams comply with plans, specifications, and local codes, and overseeing quality control to project completion.
This is a salary position with regular hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and requires the ability to travel to assigned job sites throughout Central Florida. Candidates must live in Central Florida or be willing to relocate to Central Florida for consideration.
- Schedule subcontractors and vendors in the critical paths to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and assign responsibilities regarding the work to be performed
- Verify all job-related documents are accurate and correct prior to vertical construction
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and/or 3rd party inspectors
- Maintain production schedule by updating daily the activities on the job site
- Walk all jobs daily - including but not limited to; every room visited, monitor current activities, and assist in proactive planning
- Ensure that all job sites are always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Enforce safety requirements outlined in the safety program and all SWPPP protocols
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation
- Must be able to travel to the job site(s) as assigned
- Highly motivated, dependable, and well-developed sense of self-accountability
- Exceptional communication skills and passion for customer service
- Team player that interacts well with others and follows directions from a supervisor
- Must be coachable and accept constructive feedback and have a desire to grow within the position
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst multiple subcontractors and vendors
- Quality control focused and the ability to identify quality and/or deficient work and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Communicate to subcontractors, vendors, and customers using the following forms of communication - iPhone / iPad devices, email, and computers.
- Ability to read blueprints, truss engineering packets, plot plans, and plats
- Minimum of 1-year construction management experience and/or possess a construction degree
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Monthly vehicle allowance
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Holidays, vacation, and paid time off
- Semi-annual team building events and activities
- Opportunity for advancement
Cover Letter: Please let us know, in addition to the experience outlined on your resume, why you will be a valuable member of the Highland Homes team.
Job Type: Full-timeSend Resume