A Recap of the Highland Homes’ Sales Award Banquet
Highland Homes employees were dressed to impress at this year’s annual Sales Award Banquet. Every year, the central Florida home builder likes to honor their employees and recognize exceptional work at this annual banquet. This year’s event was held at the Lakeland Yacht Club on March 4th.
Pat Williams kicked off the evening with a superb speech that highlighted the benefits of team work and maintaining a positive attitude. The positive attitude really hit home for basically all of those in attendance considering the state of the economy and housing market. Pat is the senior vice president of the Orlando Magic and one of America’s top motivational speakers. Needless to say, he set the perfect tone for the rest of the evening.
- Carmen Arbizu, who was named Online Sales Manager of the Year
- Kay Hough, who was named the Top Sales Assistant of the Year
- Cindy Weatherly, who was named Top Sales Manager of the Year with 69 home closings in 2008
- Gene Kucher, who was first runner-up for the Top Sales Award with 59 home closings in 2008
- Ken Smith, who was the second runner-up for the Top Sales Award with 40 home closings in 2008
- Doug Pike, who was also recognized for Top Sales with 37 home closings in 2008
- Denise Aberrombie, who was named Rookie of the Year
These sales managers had stellar years, which represents Highland Homes as a whole. In 2008, the company sold and closed nearly 400 homes. This is exceptional given the current economy and an industry plagued with negative news. Better news yet, Highland Homes is already on track to sell more than 500 homes this year and is excited about the recent and continued success of sales it sees each month.