Fantastic Fireworks in Florida
Let freedom ring! The quintessential American summer holiday is here, and it wouldn’t be complete without fireworks, food and fun. Fortunately for those who living in the beautiful Sunshine State, there are ample opportunities to enjoy outstanding fireworks in Florida.
Here are just a few of the Independence Day celebrations happening near your new home in Tampa, Orlando, Lakeland, Sarasota, or Ocala!
- Attend the 4th of July Family FunFest aboard the American Victory Ship on Wednesday, July 4 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.! This WWII ship will host a viewing of Tampa’s annual fireworks show, and it includes entertainment from DJ Ian Paul, as well as a Kid’s Zone with face painters, games, and arts and crafts. Refreshments from local food trucks, as well as wine and beer, will be available for purchase. Learn more and buy tickets for this family-friendly event online here.
- Fourth of July in Tampa wouldn’t be complete without the incredible fireworks display at Busch Gardens. Summer Nights are in full swing, meaning you can enjoy world-class entertainment, party zones and coasters in the dark. And on July Fourth, you can pair all of that fun with an extended fireworks show, patriotic entertainment and more. Beginning at 8:30 p.m., the entertainment is included with the price of admission.
- Nothing says ‘America’ like baseball on July Fourth! Attend the Tampa Tarpons baseball game versus the Clearwater Thrashers on Independence Day. First pitch is at 6:30 p.m., with fireworks following the game. Purchase your tickets online now, with prices starting at just $5 per person.
- For free entertainment, be sure to stop by the Tampa Red, White & Blue Festival at Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park. Taking place on Wednesday, July 4 from 3 to 8 p.m., the festival offers something for everyone – even your pet! Come dressed in your patriotic best, and enjoy delicious southern fare, a celebrity guest magician, live performances, a best-dressed contest, art zone, kids’ entertainment zone, giveaways and so much more!
- Kick off the Independence Day celebrations a day early with Red, White & Kaboom in Lakeland, taking place on Tuesday, July 3 at 6 p.m. Held at the Lake Mirror Promenade, this event features live music, food trucks and fun – there’s even a kid’s Watermelon Eatin’ contest! And of course, the evening is capped off by a fantastic fireworks display. Admission is one canned food item or a donation for the Chow for Now Canned Food Drive.
- If you live in a new home in Haines City, you can’t miss the 10th annual Thunder on the Ridge event! Beginning at 3 p.m. on July 4 at Lake Eva Park, this Fourth of July tradition includes food and beer, live entertainment, a cornhole tournament, children’s activities and the largest and best fireworks display in Polk County.
- The city of Auburndale is hosting its annual July 4th Celebration at Lake Ariana Park on July 4 from noon to 9:30 p.m. This fun-filled day-long event includes a kid’s zone, food, music, watermelon eating contest, kid’s sack race, cornhole, water ski show and of course, fireworks. Get there early to receive a FREE pair of 3D fireworks glasses!
- Davenport is hosting its own 4th of July Celebration at the Lewis Mathews Sports Complex on Tuesday, July 3 from 3 to 9:45 p.m. Live music and entertainment will take place throughout the day, with a fireworks display beginning at 9:15 p.m. See the full schedule of entertainment here.
- Winter Haven’s annual Rock N’ Freedom Fest also takes place on July 3 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at MLK Park on Lake Silver. This free event includes kid’s activities, food and drink vendors, games and live music, as well as a water ski show and fireworks.
- Families with kids will enjoy LEGOLAND’s annual Independence Day celebration! Red, White & Boom takes place on July 4, with patriotic LEGO builds, Americana apparel, a dance party and of course, the biggest fireworks display of the year! Visit the LEGOLAND website here to buy tickets and see the full schedule of events.
- Walt Disney World is known for its nightly fireworks display, so it comes as no surprise that the park’s July Fourth celebration is epic! From dazzling fireworks to DJ dance parties, you can enjoy festivities at both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Disney’s Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky takes place at 9 p.m. on July 3 and July 4 in the Magic Kingdom above Cinderella Castle, while Epcot offers an enhanced version of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth on July 4.
- Nearby, SeaWorld Orlando offers a 4th of July Celebration as part of its regular nightly spectacle. Complete with fireworks, lasers and pyrotechnics, the celebration of light is included with regular park admission, and it is best viewed from SeaWorld’s Bayside Stadium.
- Adults will enjoy Wall St. Plaza’s annual two-day Red, White, & Brew On July 3-4, the entertainment venue will host live music and DJs, offer drink specials, food, and plenty of games. A $20 beer garden will be available with unlimited Sam Adams on the evening of July 4, while a karaoke competition will take place before the fireworks begin.
- Join Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer for the city’s annual Fireworks at the Fountain event! Taking place July 4 at Lake Eola Park, festivities will begin at 4 p.m. and include a kid’s play area, beer garden, live music, and food and beverages available for purchase. And of course, the main attraction is the night’s fireworks finale.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is hosting an All-American Cookout on July 4! Located just a few miles from our townhomes in Sarasota, this event takes place from 6 to 9:30 p.m. and includes food from Michael’s on East, live music, and plenty of family activities, as well as prime viewing for Sarasota’s fireworks over the bay.
- Celebrate America with the beautiful sounds of the Choral Artists of Sarasota! The group’s Patriot Spectacular, held July 4 at 4:30 p.m. at First United Methodist in Sarasota, includes traditional patriotic favorites, as well as a 100th birthday tribute to Leonard Bernstein, a tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and a salute to the armed forces. Learn more and buy tickets here.
- PIER 22 is hosting a July 4th fireworks and buffet event with seating at 6 p.m. Tickets are $19.95 for children and $69.95 for adults, with the option to add an open bar tab for $30. The fun includes a pig roast and buffet, as well as premium riverside viewing for the Zambelli International fireworks, show around 9 p.m. Reservations are strongly encouraged, and can be booked online here.
- Kick off the Fourth of July with a Flag Parade down Silver Springs Boulevard to the downtown Ocala square. A small ceremony with a guest speaker and music will follow the flag march, which begins at 10 a.m.
- Enjoy a festive lunch before the evening’s activities get underway! YMCA of Central Florida will host a Chill and Grill on July 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., where you can enjoy a barbecue lunch provided by the Frank DeLuca YMCA for both members and guests.
- Ocala’s largest indoor entertainment venue, Circle Square Commons, is hosting a Patriotic Celebration! On July 4 from 4 to 9:30 p.m., you can enjoy food vendors, fun and fireworks, as well as live music by three unique acts. Parking is free for residents and $5 for non-residents. Gates open promptly at 4 p.m. Don’t forget your lawn chairs!
- Wake up bright and early on July 4 for Iggy’s Freedom Run! The four-mile run starts at 7:30 a.m. in Veteran’s Park. For more information, including how to register, contact Chris or Stephanie at DRC Sports/Citrus Road Runners by calling 352-637-2475.
No matter where you live in Central Florida, there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate this July Fourth! For more information on how to be close to the action in one of our beautiful new homes in Tampa, Orlando, Polk County and Ocala, visit the Highland Homes website today!