Homes in Bradenton, FL Offer Access to the Best of Florida's Gulf Coast
The city of Bradenton, Florida, to the south of the Manatee River and Tampa Bay region, offers access to beautiful Gulf Coast waters and white sand beaches. But the beach isn’t all there is to enjoy in this beautiful city. It’s home to a wide variety of recreation, cultural, and entertainment destinations, and continually ranks as one of the best cities in the nation for well-being! You can enjoy all the Florida Gulf Coast region has to offer when you live in Columbus Landings, a boutique community of new homes in Bradenton, FL.
Fun in the Sun
Calling Bradenton home means you’ll be minutes from the beautiful waters of the Manatee River, Palma Sola Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico. You’ll even have access to the area’s best beaches! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Anna Maria Island: Located just 10 miles from your new home at Columbus Landings, Anna Maria Island offers a long stretch of coastline known for its private island feel. In addition, affordable prices in the off-season make it possible to stay at one of the beachfront hotels or enjoy time at the local spa.
- Bradenton Beach: This popular beach is known for its soft sand, fishing piers, great restaurants, and seashell-hunting opportunities. After a day in the sun, head to one of the area’s top restaurants to satiate your appetite, like Blue Marlin Grill, a classy dining establishment and wine bar with live music, or Beach House Restaurant, a casual waterfront establishment with outstanding views from the outdoor patio. Did I mention Bradenton Beach is just 7.9 miles from your new home?
- Longboat Key: Known for its many watersport options, Longboat Key offers the quintessential island lifestyle. There are also plenty of fun land-based activities, including Palm Beach-style shopping with eclectic storefronts, history-rich buildings, and many art galleries.
- Holmes Beach: This classic Florida destination boasts miles of white sandy beaches and emerald waters, just 9 miles from home. It’s a great place to rent a bike, fish for your dinner, or visit some of the area’s classic restaurants, such as Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus serving German cuisine, Beach Bistro or Skinny’s Place dishing out classic American entrees, and for dessert, you can’t miss Holy Cow Ice Cream & Other Cool Stuff.
- Beer Can Island: Only accessible by boat, you’ll enjoy some of the area’s best fishing and shelling, as well as abundant sun, clear waters, and breathtaking views!
- Siesta Beach: While this beach is not as close to your Bradenton home as some of the others mentioned above, it is the number two rated beach in the U.S., meaning you can’t miss it! Located on Siesta Key, this beach is so highly favored because of its pristine conditions with beautiful white sand and crystal clear waters. And insiders know that getting here early is best — it’ll feel like your own private beach! Plus, the surrounding area is full of restaurants with live music, shops, a farmer’s market on Saturday mornings and of course, plenty of watersport activities. Despite being slightly further at 17.9 miles from home, it's well worth the drive to this top destination.
In addition to outstanding beaches, Bradenton is also home to a number of golf courses, marinas, and parks, offering plenty of additional ways to enjoy time outside. Visit the top-rated park in the area, the Robinson Nature Preserve, a salt marsh, home to an abundance of wildlife and offering opportunities for kayaking, hiking, picnicking and more.
Shopping, Dining, Arts and Fun
Family fun is nearby for everyone, no matter your interests or age! Head to the Astro Skate and Fun Center nearby, knock down some pins at AMF Bowling Lanes, catch a movie at one of two local cinemas, or even enjoy a live show at the Manatee Performing Arts Center.
If you’re seeking retail therapy, there are plenty of options at DeSoto Square Mall, less than two miles from the Bradenton houses at Columbus Landings. Or, head across the river for premium shopping at the Ellenton Premium Outlets. If you’re looking for someplace to get your everyday conveniences, Publix, Winn-Dixie, ALDI and Fresh Market are all just steps from home.
The sports lovers in your family will be excited to live so close to McKechnie Field, the spring training home of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The field is also home to the minor league Bradenton Marauders, meaning it offers nearly year-round baseball action! If you’d rather participate in sports than watch, you’ll love living by G.T. Bray Recreation Center, which has activities for the entire family, such as an Olympic size pool, kiddie pool and splash pad, fitness center, exercise classes, teen center, tennis hard courts, racquetball, and sports facilities. There’s even a park for man’s best friend to enjoy time for “sports쳌 — Happy Trails Dog Park is less than three miles from home.
Enjoy a relaxing walk down the Bradenton Riverwalk, a 1.5-mile park, home to historic sites, local businesses and restaurants, and public art displays. Dine on Old Main Street, visit unique neighborhoods like the Village of the Arts, located along the Riverwalk, or just enjoy the beautiful views. The Riverwalk also features picnic areas, botanical gardens, boat docks, fishing piers, splash pad fountains, and the beautiful 400-seat Mosaic Amphitheater. Looking for a park that offers a more intimate setting? Visit Palmetto Historical park or the Manatee Village Historical Park.
If you’re looking for cultural attractions, they abound in Bradenton. The South Florida Museum, Bishop Planetarium, and Parker Manatee Aquarium are all located in the same complex. The space is the largest natural and cultural history museum on Florida’s Gulf Coast, with engaging exhibits, educational programs, and both permanent and temporary exhibitions. Head about 7-miles down US-41 into Sarasota and enjoy an afternoon at The Ringling, one of the regions top attractions and cultural collections. Tour the opulent 56-room Ca’ d’Zan mansion, stroll through 66 acres of Bayfront Gardens, take in a show at the historic Asolo Theater, or enjoy the art extraordinary collection at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art.
The North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton region is ranked no. 7 in the nation for overall well-being on the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index, thanks in part to the abundance of recreation and healthy living opportunities. Columbus Landings is located near some of Bradenton’s top hospitals and medical centers. Near your new home, you’ll find Manatee Memorial Hospital, Blake Medical Center, and Sarasota Memorial Hospital, as well as Bradenton Urgent Care and multiple other medical clinics.
In addition to the above mentioned parks and beaches, you can find indoor recreation opportunities close to home. The Bradenton YMCA is just 3.5 miles away and provides an indoor pool and gymnasium, fitness center, aerobics classes and more. The G.T. Bray Recreation Complex mentioned earlier has indoor and outdoor activities available. Or, work up a sweat at nearby gyms including LA Fitness, 9Round, FitCrew, and Crunch Fitness, to name a few.
Elementary school-aged children living in the community are zoned to attend Robert H. Prine Elementary (K-5), middle school students (6-8) attend W. D. Sugg Middle School, and high school students (9-12) attend Southeast High School. Nearby Magnet and Charter school alternatives include the highly-rated Rowlett Middle Academy, Rowlett Magnet Elementary, and Manatee School of Arts-Science.
Adults looking to further their education have a wide variety of schools to choose from with nearby State College of Florida, Manatee Technical College, New College of Florida, and the award-winning Ringling College of Art and Design.
Athletes of all ages will appreciate nearby IMG Academy, offering everything from a full academic boarding school for pre-K through grade 12, to youth sports camps, adult and family programs, and pro athlete training.
New Homes in Bradenton, FL
Located off 24th Street West and 30th Avenue West, just two miles south of downtown Bradenton, Columbus Landings offers new construction Bradenton houses for sale with prices from the $220’s to $250's. Seven total single-family homes will be built in this final phase of the community, and a few have already sold leaving just four exclusive homes available at current.
The new homes at Columbus Landings are designed for your life with three or four bedrooms, up to three-and-a-half bathrooms and a two-car garage. Available homes offer you 1,489 to 2,164 square feet of living space with sought-after interior features including open great room layouts, master suites with private baths, built-in drop zones to keep life organized, and energy-efficient features to save you money. In addition, your new home is covered by outstanding warranty protection for your peace of mind.
With such a limited number of homes remaining, now is the time to select your new Bradenton home at Columbus Landings. To learn more about the available homes, contact our Bradenton New Home Specialists by calling 941-479-4988 or visit the Highland Homes website.
Tags: Columbus Landings new homes in Bradenton Bradenton Bradenton houses homes in Bradenton FL new home FL New Homes
- Auburn Cove (1)
- Communities (482)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (3)
- - Gramercy Farms (10)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (1)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (12)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (117)
- Events (164)
- General Info (401)
- Home Buying 101 (73)
- News (447)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsYou’re Invited: Grand Opening of New Homes in Parrish, FL
Inventory Blowout: Save on Move-In Ready Homes in Florida
Come Home to the ‘Center of the Universe’ in Parrish, FL
Homes in Auburndale Offer Laid-Back Locale, City Access
Best Places to Retire in the U.S.