Building a home is a very exciting time. The building process takes a great deal of commitment and resources from your builder, and the dedicated team at Highland Homes will work to make the home building process a satisfying one for you.
To make the experience of building your new home enjoyable and keep you informed throughout construction, we follow a customer contact process which begins when your home is released to start construction, and continues even after you move in.
Your personal builder will provide key updates and be available to answer your construction questions throughout the construction process. Here is an outline of what to expect during the construction of your new home.
Your personal builder will call you when building permits have been received for the construction of your home to begin. During the orientation, your personal builder will:
- Introduce themselves and provide you with their contact info
- Discuss your home plan and specifications
- Give you details about the construction process
Building the Foundation
- Homesite prepared for construction
- Footer/foundation built
- Rough plumbing installed
- Slab poured
- Block walls constructed
There are many inspections during this time to ensure that your home is being built to Florida building codes as well as Highland Homes' high quality standards.
- Roof installed
- Interior walls framed
- Everything that goes inside the walls, like electrical, HVAC and insulation, will be installed and inspected
Your personal builder will contact you prior to drywall installation to set up a walk-through meeting. During this meeting you will:
- Review the construction to date
- Confirm your electrical, cable and phone wiring is installed in the locations specified in your design paperwork
- Discuss installation of options you selected at the Personal Selection Studio
Your personal builder will also answer any questions you have and let you know the upcoming construction schedule.
- Wall tile
- Driveway poured
Now it is really starting to look like your home!
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC fixtures
- Landscaping and sod
- Paint touch-up
- Finishing touches
- Final inspection
- Full cleaning
Quality control checks are performed throughout the building process to ensure specifications are followed, quality materials and processes are used, selected options are installed and the overall quality is in line with the high quality standards of Highland Homes.
- Walk the completed home with your personal builder
- Wrap up any necessary final touches
Second Walk-Through and New Home Demonstration
The second walk-through and new home demonstration gives you the opportunity to become personally acquainted with your new home.
- Sign off on your home's quality and completion
- Orientation of features in your home
- Discussion of home maintenance
- Warranty coverages reviewed