The Experience of Building with Highland Homes
Building a home is a very exciting experience. The building process takes a great deal of commitment and resources from your builder, and the dedicated team at Highland Homes will work to make the home building process a satisfying one for you.
To make the experience of building your new home enjoyable and keep you informed throughout construction, your personal builder will provide key updates and be available to answer your construction questions throughout the construction process. Here is an outline of what to expect during the construction of your new home.
When construction permits are received and your home is released to start, your Personal Builder will contact you by phone:
- Introduce themselves and provide you with their contact info
- Discuss your home plan and specifications
- Give you details about the construction process
Building the Foundation
- Homesite prepared for construction
- Footer/foundation built
- Rough plumbing installed
- Slab poured
- Block walls constructed
Many inspections occur during this stage, to ensure your home is being built to Florida building codes as well as Highland Homes’ high quality standards.
- Roof installed
- Interior walls framed
- Everything inside the walls is installed and inspected - Electrical, HVAC, insulation, etc.
Your personal builder will contact you prior to drywall installation to set up a walk-through meeting. During this meeting you will:
- Review the construction to date
- Confirm electrical options and cable and phone pre-wires are installed in the locations specified on your design paperwork
- Discuss installation of options you selected at the Personal Selection Studio
- Answer any questions you have
- Discuss the upcoming construction stages
- Wall tile
- Driveway poured
Now it is really starting to look like your home!
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC fixtures
- Landscaping and sod
- Paint touch-up
- Finishing touches
- Quality control checks
- Full cleaning
Quality control checks are performed throughout the building process to ensure specifications are followed, quality materials and processes are used, selected options are installed, and the overall quality is in line with Highland Homes' high standards. During your first walkthrough, you will:
- Walk the completed home with your personal builder
- Wrap up any necessary final touches
Second Walkthrough and New Home Demonstration
The second walk-through and new home demonstration gives you the opportunity to become personally acquainted with your new home.
- Sign off on your home's quality and completion
- Receive orientation of features in your home
- Discuss home maintenance
- Review warranty coverage and request process