Updated with new dates and times for 2019!
All is bright in Central Florida as we count down the days until Christmas. When the holiday season arrives, theme parks debut an array of holiday entertainment. However, if you're on a budget, there are several areas in Central Florida that let it glow with just as much glamour, and many are even free!
If you’re looking for twinkling lights, sparkling snow, and affordable Christmas light shows this year, we’ve found some amazing options that are all conveniently located near your new home in Central Florida:
- Lake Nona Lights — Located in the East Park Subdivision off Lake Nona, this free light show has been the talk of Central Florida since 2011. Open Sunday to Thursday from 6-10 p.m. and Friday to Saturday 6-11 p.m. beginning Nov. 28 through the New Year.
- Johnson Family Holiday Light Extravaganza — This light display isn’t just for the community to enjoy, but it also gives back in a big way. There are 100,000 lights set up to 20 Christmas songs, plus they hold events like movie night where all proceeds go to Nemours Children’s Hospital. Stop by 5119 Moore Street in St. Cloud, Sunday through Thursday from 6-10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6-11 p.m.
- Holiday Light Show at Light Up UCF — Festive music and a magical glow surround a winter wonderland that many families look forward to during the holiday season. Located at the CFE Arena, this event lasts until January 5, 2020 and includes an incredible lineup of events.
- Eola Wonderland Christmas Tree Show — Stroll around Eola Wonderland and see the beautifully illuminated six-story Christmas tree. Or, grab a blanket and enjoy a holiday movie by the lake! Open every night from December 6, 2019 through the holiday season with shows taking place at 5:45 p.m. and every hour until 9:45 p.m.
- Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens — This is THE destination in Central Florida. Tour the stunning decorated Pinewood Estate mansion or walk the gardens while enjoying the holiday music. Located at 1151 Tower Blvd. in Lake Wales, the home tour is open through January 5 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, and you must have tickets. Visit www.BokTowerGardens.org/Christmas for more information on the many other holiday events.
- Now Snowing at Celebration — How often do Floridians get to enjoy the snow? Make it at least once a year thanks to Celebration Town Center. Come to 701 Front Street in Celebration to make snow angels and take in the glorious lights nightly November 30 through December 31st!
- Christmas Town - Busch Gardens Tampa — Walk through more than a million lights at Busch Gardens and get in the holiday spirit at Christmas Town, where you can ride the Christmas train, shop for gifts, enjoy shows and more. The fun is happening now through January 6, 2020 and is included with a regular admissions ticket.
- Gaylord Palms — View Christmas from around the world through glorious, detailed ice sculptures in Kissimmee. Thousands of lights and a six-story Christmas tree will captivate your attention, but there’s far more than lights at this hotel. Two-story ice slides and snow tubing are must-dos for Floridians! Open daily through January 5.
- Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Boat Parade — Beginning at 6:30 p.m. on December 7, come watch Lake May in Winter Haven light up with boats galore! The parade travels from Lake May to Shipp, back to May, then on to Lake Howard, to Cannon and back to Howard.
- Junior League of Greater Lakeland Christmas Parade — The city's 39th annual Lakeland Christmas Parade happens Thursday, December 5, 2019, and it kicks off with a bang - literally! The fireworks begin over Lake Mirror at 7 p.m., with the parade leaving the RP Funding Center as they begin. The theme of this year's parade is The Joy of Giving, and it was inspired by the continuous generosity and love displayed within the community. After all, Lakeland is "the Giving City!"
- Haines City's Glitter, Glisten & Snow — Join in the festivities happening at Lake Eva Park on December 7 beginning at 6 p.m. Festivities include slides, arts and crafts vendors, local children's entertainment, food vendors and more. And of course, you can't miss the countdown as thousands of lights are lit up, including the ones on the 31-foot Christmas tree! This is event is free and open to the public.
- Christmas Tours at the Wonder House — Located in Bartow, the Wonder House is an incredible home borne of one man's dream that you must see to believe! Now dressed up for the holiday season, holiday tours are available every weekend. Friday night tours include hos d'oeuvres, drinks, cookies and snacks, and since it's a nighttime tour, you'll experience the home all lit up for Christmas. Saturday and Sunday tours are also available November 30 through January 5.
- Lakeland Neighborhood Lights — The Lakelander has put together a Christmas lights tour around Lakeland that takes you past some of the city's most well-decorated homes and holiday displays. Grab your hot cocoa, play your favorite Christmas tunes and follow the route put together by The Lakelander here.
For those who want to enjoy a theme park Christmas, each park around your new home in Central Florida is offering something special this season. Universal Orlando has the much-anticipated Christmas in the Wizarding World and the entertaining Grinchmas and Holiday Parade. Walt Disney World offers Flurry of Fun, the Epcot International Festival of Holidays, and the popular Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Nearby Legoland features The Christmas Bricktacular, while SeaWorld lights up with special Christmas shows.
If you plan to attend one of these fabulous holiday celebrations, share your happy photos with us on our Facebook page! From our team at Highland Homes, we’re wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
If you’re looking for a new home in Central Florida, visit www.highlandhomes.org to learn how you can own a new home for the holidays.
Tags: New home in Central Florida Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Highland Homes Florida new home FL central florida
- Communities (204)
- - Astonia (4)
- - Auburn Cove (4)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (8)
- - Bridgeport Lakes (7)
- - Chestnut Creek (6)
- - Eagle Hammock (4)
- - Enclave at Lake Myrtle (3)
- - Geneva Landings (4)
- - Gracelyn Grove (5)
- - Hammock Reserve (2)
- - Jackson Crossing (4)
- - Otter Woods Estates (1)
- - Ridgewood (6)
- - Scenic Bluff (3)
- - Siena Reserve (6)
- - Silver Springs Shores (1)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (10)
- - Summercrest (5)
- - Terrace at Walden Lake (4)
- - The Lakes (7)
- - Treymont (5)
- - VillaMar (7)
- Design and Decorating (77)
- En Espanol (2)
- Events (23)
- General Info (125)
- Home Buying 101 (54)
- Homeowner Tips & Info (11)
- News (266)
- Pet Friendly Homes & Communities (13)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (1)
- Why Buy New (34)
Recent Posts9 Advantages of Townhome Living
Tampa Real Estate Market Among Best in the U.S.
Home Design Showcase: Samsung Appliances
7 Reasons to Move to Davenport, Florida
Now Building New Construction Homes in Silver Springs Shores