Discover the 3 Most Popular Florida New Homes for First-Time Buyers
Finding a home that has everything you are looking for can be exhausting. I remember shopping for my first home - after looking at hundreds of resale homes online and dozens in person, I felt like I'd never a home that had everything I was looking for.
Do you want to know the easiest way to find the home you’ve been dreaming of? Build your new home! Why buy used and settle for a home missing features important to you (not to mention in need of costly renovations and repairs) when you can build your Florida new home and choose from more than 30 different home plans to find the right layout, then personalize your dream home with hundreds of design options, all while staying within your budget!
We’ve narrowed down our list of extraordinary home plans to highlight the three most popular homes for first-time home buyers!
#3 Top-Selling Home — Oleander II
The Oleander II is designed with conveniences that make your life easier! This 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home includes 1,485 square feet of living space plus a covered lanai, covered front entry, and 2-car garage.
What buyers love about living in the Oleander II:
- Drop zone to keep life organized! As you walk in from the garage, a convenient drop zone offers you space to “drop쳌 your keys and purse, as well as USB outlets to charge your devices. This keeps everyday items from cluttering up kitchen counters or tables.
- Open kitchen and great room. The kitchen is completely open to the sunny dining nook and great room, and offers ample storage with a pantry plus cabinet and counter space. This open layout is perfect for entertaining, or just having a view of the TV as you prepare dinner!
- Volume ceilings make the living area feel even more open and airy
- Covered, under roof lanai to enjoy sunny mornings and balmy evenings
- Split plan separates your master suite from the other bedrooms, for privacy
- The master suite is a spa-retreat! The suite includes a walk-in closet and a luxury bath with relaxing garden tub, separate tiled shower, dual vanities, and a drawer stack to store your makeup, hairbrushes, etc. off the counter.
- Dedicated laundry room and closet space including a linen closet and drawer stack in the hall bath, hallway coat/storage closet, and master walk-in closet
The popular Oleander II is available to build in neighborhoods throughout Lakeland, Winter Haven, Davenport, Metro Orlando and Tampa Bay. Click here for a virtual tour and photos, and to find your Florida new home community.
#2 Top-Selling Home - Remington II/IV
The Remington’s have long been popular choice by Highland homeowners. Boasting 1,841 square feet of living space, the Remington II offers 3 bedrooms and the Remington IV converts the versatile living room into a 4th bedroom. Both variations offer personality with an impressive double door entry, 2 bathrooms, a covered lanai and front entry, plus a 2-car garage.
What buyers love about living in the Remington II/IV:
- Formal and casual dining spaces with a casual sunny breakfast nook, breakfast bar open to the family room, and a formal dining room
- Versatile room layout allows the living and dining rooms, both off the foyer at the front of the home, to instead be used as an office, TV room, playroom or however suits your needs. The living room is built as a 4th bedroom in the Remington IV.
- The open soffits in the kitchen let light shine through and open the kitchen to the family room. The kitchen includes a convenient pantry and ample counter and cabinet space.
- Volume ceilings make the living area feel sunny, open and airy
- Covered, under roof lanai for your outdoor living enjoyment, with access from the family room and the hall bath. This bathroom “pool door쳌 is convenient to be able to get to a tub, toilet and sink without traipsing onto the carpet - anyone who’s ever had a dog roll around in the mud will appreciate this feature! And of course, if you build a pool, this offers convenience for changing and showering.
- The split plan layout provides you with master suite privacy
- The master suite includes a luxurious spa-like bath with a garden tub for soaking away tense shoulders, separate tiled shower, dual vanities, seated vanity space, and private closeted toilet.
- You’ll never be want for closet space; the Remington provides you a walk-in closet plus a linen closet in the master, with another linen closet by the secondary bedrooms.
The Parade of Homes award-winning Remington IV and Remington II are available to build in multiple communities throughout Lakeland, East Polk County, and Central Florida. Click here for a virtual tour and photos, and to find your Florida new home community.
#1 Top-Selling Home - Parker
The Parker sets itself apart as our top-selling Florida new home with almost twice as many buyers choosing the Parker than the number two Remington. The Parker was designed with a modern open layout, storage, and conveniences to make every day living enjoyable. With 1,715 square feet of living space including 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a covered front porch, covered lanai, and 2-car garage, the Parker has space for everyone in your household to enjoy.
What buyers love about living in the Parker:
- Craftsman-style exterior with a breezy country-style front porch perfect for rocking chairs and enjoying morning coffee
- Drop zone to keep life organized! As you walk in from the garage, a convenient drop zone offers you space to “drop쳌 your keys, purse, backpacks, and dog leashes, as well as USB outlets to charge your devices. This convenient space gives you a “home쳌 for clutter which would otherwise make its way onto your kitchen counters.
- Kitchen with island breakfast bar, fully open to the great room and sunny dining nook
- Walk-in pantry to store food and kitchen appliances
- Fully-open living area with volume ceilings feels open and airy, and is wonderful for entertaining and interacting with family and friends whether you are in the kitchen, at the table, seated at the bar, or relaxing on the couch.
- The master suite with spa-like luxury bath provides a garden tub and separate tiled shower to soak and rinse away a long day, dual vanities, drawer stack to store makeup and other counter-clutter, a private closeted toilet, and a spacious walk-in closet including a stack of shelves for your linens and towels.
- Covered, under roof lanai off the nook is the perfect spot to grill out or relax with privacy in the backyard. And, extend your master suite outdoors with an optional sliding door to the lanai.
The Parker is available to build as your new home in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Davenport, Metro Orlando, Ocala, and Tampa Bay. Click here for a virtual tour and photos, and to find your Florida new home community.
Interested in learning more about building your new home, touring a Highland Homes model, or browsing additional home plans? We’re here to help! For assistance with finding a home which perfectly suits your needs and desires, visit the Highland Homes website and call our New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999.
Tags: Parker drop zone Oleander II home plan open layout home Parker home plan popular home features popular home plans Remington home plan IRS Florida New Homes Highland Homes first time homebuyer first time home buyer florida new home Millennial home buyers home plan home plans Florida new home FL New Homes
- Communities (488)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (1)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (5)
- - Gramercy Farms (11)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (1)
- - Riverbend West (1)
- - Serena Ridge (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (14)
- - VillaMar (3)
- Design and Decorating (123)
- Events (165)
- General Info (411)
- Home Buying 101 (75)
- News (465)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (33)
Recent PostsHome Buying 101: Today’s Mortgage Interest Rates
Now Selling – New Homes in Ruskin, Florida at Riverbend West
Home Buying 101: What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a Home in Florida?
7 DIY Florida Landscaping Tips
Living the Sunshine Life in Palmetto, Florida