Ghosts, goblins and ghouls — oh my! Halloween is near, which means it’s time to dress up in your best costume, carve a few pumpkins, and prepare for lots of spook-tacular fun. From frightfully fun family-friendly activities to the scariest haunted house around, we’ve rounded up the top Halloween events in Central Florida.
Orlando Halloween Fun
- Get ready to be scared all night long during Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando® Resort! Taking place select nights now through Nov. 3, Halloween Horror Nights features 10 unique haunted houses, including one based on the Netflix hit series Stranger Things! Individual tickets for Halloween Horror Nights must be purchased to attend.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World® Resort’s Magic Kingdom is happening on select nights now through Oct. 31. The perfect event for even the smallest trick-or-treaters, Halloween festivities at the Magic Kingdom include hundreds of jack-o’-lanterns, special character appearances, entertainment for the whole family, opportunities to trick-or-treat through the park, and of course, a Halloween-themed parade and fireworks show! Be sure to wear your Halloween finery and purchase a special ticket for entrance during the festivities.
- Trick-or-treat in Orlando’s wildest neighborhood during the Zoo Boo Bash at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens! The fun happens Oct. 20-21 and 27-28, and is included with regular admission! Enjoy Boo Bowling, the Monster Mural, a Boo-ubble Show, costume contests and a Pumpkin Smash, among other themed events.
- Looking for Orlando Halloween fun that’s a little creepy and educational all at the same time? Ghost tours are a great way to get into the Halloween spirit while learning a little more about Central Florida. Enjoy some of the area’s best tours by American Ghost Adventures and City of Orlando’s Moonlight Walking Tours through Greenwood cemetery. Prices and times vary, but be sure to purchase your ticket now as tours do sell out!
- The Mortem Manor Haunted Attraction is a year-round haunted house that allows you to be spooked through two floors of fun. Or, if you dare, you can experience what it’s like to be buried alive in a coffin! This year, Mortem Manor has also taken over Old Town Kissimmee with three mini haunted houses, live music, and more.
- Adults over 21 can enjoy some Halloween fun during the Orlando Halloween Pub Crawl on Friday, Oct. 26 at 8 p.m. The crawl is $10 if you buy tickets today, and goes up to $20 the day of the event. Dress up in your scariest Halloween garb and meet at Sideshow by 9:30 p.m., then head to local watering holes including Bar B, The Beacham, Chillers, Latitudes and then end at Wall Street Plaza for a block party.
Lakeland, Winter Haven and Polk County Events
- Buckingham Terror Haunted House presents Wasteland: Survive the Nightmare. In this immersive haunted event, the Earth is now a wasteland, scarred and desolate with desperate, starving people. Will you survive? There’s only one way to find out! Tickets are $5-10 depending on age, and the haunted house is open nightly Oct. 19-31.
- Zombie Farm Paintball Hayride at CornFusion lets you be a true Zombie hunter ready to save the world from an invasion! Enjoy a hayride that takes you through infected zones where there are reports of the living dead lurking in the night. Be ready to battle or you may go home a zombie yourself! Open Friday and Saturday nights in October, tickets are $30 per person and you must be 48쳌 or taller to play.
- The Lakeland Halloween fun continues with the Pumpkin Safari at Safari Wilderness! A 45-minute guided tour through the wilderness ends with a free pumpkin that kids can decorate on the ranch! Tours depart on the hour from 1-5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays in October, and no reservations are needed.
- Explorations V Children’s Museum is hosting A Very Special Boo Bash on Halloween from 3-5:30 p.m. During the event, high sensory stimulants will be lowered or turned off and non-candy prizes are available at trick-or-treat stations. General admission rates apply and museum members are free. During this special event, costumes can be worn, but please, no masks or weapons.
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is home to one of the most popular Winter Haven Halloween Its Brick or Treat event is fun for all ages and takes place on weekends in October, as well as on Halloween. If you’re visiting the park during Brick or Treat, you can go trick-or-treating, enjoy LEGO building activities, a scavenger hunt through the park, and even interact with LEGO Halloween characters. End the day with Halloween-themed fireworks at Pirate’s Cove, and don’t miss the world’s largest LEGO jack-o’-lantern!
- If you love waterskiing, then you can’t miss the Cypress Gardens Water Ski Team’s Halloween Ski Show at Martin Luther King Jr. Park! The show happens one night only — Saturday, Oct. 27 — so mark your calendars now to attend. The festivities start at 6:30 p.m. with a costume contest, followed by a ski show under the lights at 7:30 p.m.
- Visit the Asylum at the Polk County Jail for a haunted tour! Happening Oct. 19-20 and 26-27, the tours start at 6 p.m. for a $6 donation, and food and drinks will be available for sale. There will even be fun for brave little attendees with treats and games!
No matter the level of spookiness you enjoy at Halloween, Central Florida offers an event that will put you in the Halloween spirit!
For more information on owning your dream home built by one of the top home builders in Orlando, Lakeland and Polk County, contact our Florida New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 or visit www.HighlandHomes.org.
Tags: Orlando Halloween Haunted Houses lakeland events Lakeland Winter Haven events Polk county halloween events
- Communities (317)
- - Aniston (2)
- - Astonia (3)
- - Auburn Cove (3)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (9)
- - Bridgeport Lakes (6)
- - Chestnut Creek (4)
- - Eagle Hammock (4)
- - Enclave at Lake Myrtle (2)
- - Geneva Landings (3)
- - Gracelyn Grove (4)
- - Hunter's Crossing (5)
- - Jackson Crossing (3)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Ridgewood (5)
- - Scenic Bluff (3)
- - Siena Reserve (5)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (4)
- - The Lakes (7)
- - Treymont (5)
- - VillaMar (5)
- - Willow Ridge (2)
- Design and Decorating (111)
- En Espanol (3)
- Events (68)
- General Info (271)
- Home Buying 101 (77)
- Homeowner Tips & Info (12)
- News (417)
- Pet Friendly Homes & Communities (12)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (2)
- Why Buy New (43)
Recent PostsWave Hello to Sunny, the New Highland Homes Pooch
How to Decorate Your Home with 2023 Color Trends
New Model Home in Eagle Lake, Now Open!
Now Selling: New Homes in Riverview, FL Now Available at Ridgewood
New Model Homes in Zephyrhills Now Open