How to Decorate Your New Tampa Home with 2019 Color Trends
Every year, major paint and color companies make their predictions for the Color of the Year, choosing a hue that they feel will be popular in fashion, home dÃ©cor and more. The colors are also chosen to create emotional connections based on our current environment, whether that means choosing a color that gives hope during challenging times, or one that encourages relaxation in an increasingly busy world.
The color experts at PANTONE selected a vibrant, yet mellow, coral shade as the 2019 Color of the Year. Living Coral, PANTONE color 16-1546, is an “animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge.쳌
Sherwin Williams also selected it’s 2019 Color of the Year, Cavern Clay, a warm terracotta shade with “a nod to midcentury modern style but with the soul of the American Southwest.쳌 The warm earthy hue, SW 7701, creates a beautiful desert modern aesthetic.
Either of these bold colors can easily be incorporated into the dÃ©cor of your new home in Tampa with simple touches! While these colors are incredibly vibrant, they are both subdued enough to be worked into a space as much or as little as your taste preferences dictate.
Living Areas and Kitchen
The main living spaces in your home, where you and your guests will spend the most time, are perfect for incorporating trendy touches of a Color of the Year. Cavern Clay is the perfect pop of color when paired with basic neutrals, such as warm grays or deep browns. It even stands out against clean white shades, providing an elegant, sophisticated aesthetic. Living Coral is also a great accent color that works well on shag rugs, cozy blankets, or lush upholsteries, creating a warm, comforting environment.
- If you find that either color is too bold or strong to use extensively in your dÃ©cor, both are perfect for incorporating through small accessories that are easily interchangeable. Consider using accessories, such as throw pillows, artwork, or vases featuring Cavern Clay or Living Coral.
- If you’d like to incorporate a little more color, select one piece of furniture, such as an accent chair, to cover in a fabric featuring a 2019 Color of the Year. Or, if you have a room with several windows, add floor-to-ceiling curtains at each window to create showstopping color at every turn.
- To incorporate either color into the kitchen, you can add small accessories above your cabinets, such as oversized jugs, vases or serving dishes. Or, add an on-trend touch with the many small appliances that now come in a wide range of colors, such as stand mixers, toasters, or blenders, and you’ll have a piece that adds both design and function to your kitchen!
Living Coral and Cavern Clay can be somewhat energizing colors to add into a bedroom, where you typical use soft, relaxing colors to encourage winding down. However, using either of these colors thoughtfully in a bedroom can provide a calming touch.
- Peel-and-stick removable wallpaper is hugely popular right now in home dÃ©cor, offering a dramatic touch with minimal commitment. This can be a great way to create an accent wall behind the bed, creating a show-stopping faux headboard.
- Similar to the living areas, using accents of one of the Colors of the Year to add color in smaller pops that aren’t overwhelming. Add accent colors through decorative pillows, throw blankets across the foot of the bed, or accessories on the nightstands or dresser.
Bathrooms are another great space in the home where it can be fun to be a little more dramatic! Statement bathrooms are in, and you can be part of the trend by incorporating bold uses of Cavern Clay and Living Coral in one or all bathrooms in your new Tampa home!
- Bathrooms are another great place to incorporate removable wallpaper. You can use it on every wall in a smaller bathroom or powder room, or place it on one wall as a statement wall, keeping the rest of the dÃ©cor neutral and simple.
- Add a touch of the Colors of the Year by using towels and linens with coral or terracotta accents.
Get more inspiration for incorporating Cavern Clay and Living Coral into your home in Tampa by visiting Highland Homes’ 2019 Colors of the Year Pinterest board. There, you’ll see ways professional designers are adding Living Coral and Cavern Clay into their homes!
If you’re searching for a home builder in Florida to build your new home, you’ll be pleased to learn Highland Homes is building in four Tampa area communities. Both single-family homes and townhomes designed for your lifestyle are available with prices starting in the $180’s and features including open living areas, gourmet kitchens, spacious master suites and covered porches or lanais for outdoor living enjoyment. Learn more by contacting one of our Tampa New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 or visit Highland Homes online.
Tags: home in Tampa pantone Sherwin Williams 2019 Color of the Year Color of the Year home builder in Florida new home in Tampa Tampa new home Florida new home tampa FL
- Communities (505)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (1)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (5)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (1)
- - Riverbend West (1)
- - Serena Ridge (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (14)
- - VillaMar (3)
- Design and Decorating (124)
- Events (166)
- General Info (415)
- Home Buying 101 (74)
- News (476)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (33)
Recent PostsNow Selling – New Homes in Ruskin, Florida at Riverbend West
Home Buying 101: What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a Home in Florida?
7 DIY Florida Landscaping Tips
Living the Sunshine Life in Palmetto, Florida
Now Selling: New Homes in Zephyrhills at Stonebridge at Chapel Creek