Laid-Back Living Near Tampa and Conveniences at Eastridge Preserve
Eastridge Preserve offers a laid-back lifestyle at its finest, with acreage homes and peaceful views in a location just minutes from grocery stores, shopping, dining and major roadways. It’s not uncommon to spy waterfowl lounging around in one of the neighborhood ponds, or a great horned owl gazing down wisely from a tree. You will feel as though you have escaped the hustle and bustle of the city, while everyday conveniences can still be found at your fingertips.
Eastridge Preserve offers new homes in Plant City located just west of County Line Road, between Sparkman Road and East Trapnell Road. Your new home is near Highway 60 and Interstate 4 for easy travel throughout the Tampa Bay region, just one mile from the Lakeland city limit, about 13 miles from Brandon and 25 miles from the city of Tampa.
Shopping and Dining
Major grocery stores as well as locally owned shops and farmers markets can be found nearby in this city known for its strawberry fields and produce farms. Fun fact: Plant City is home to more than 10,000 acres of strawberry fields!
If you are in need of some retail therapy, historic downtown Plant City offers unique shopping experiences. Boutiques and vintage shops provide diverse shopping where you’re sure to find that ‘one of a kind’ treasure. ‘Big box’ stores including Ross, Michaels and PetSmart anchor Lake Walden Square, less than 5 miles from Eastridge Preserve. Plus, sprawling shopping malls with brand name retailers are just a short drive into Lakeland and Brandon.
Plant City has a wide range of offerings to satisfy any culinary palate. Popular restaurant chains like Outback and Carrabba’s complement local family-owned restaurants like Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant, Wasabi Japanese Steak House and Krazy Kup coffee shop. A wide variety of pizza joints, burger restaurants and fast dining options are also in town.
Once upon a time, or say 2003, there was a blueberry farmer named Joe Keel. Sick of pies and jellies, Joe started dabbling with different uses for his leftover berries. This grew into today’s Keel & Curley Winery, which produces more than 20,000 cases of fine blueberry and fusion wines a year. Enjoy an adult evening (or afternoon) out; the winery offers a great destination to sip and relax while breathing in fresh country air from their outdoor deck. In 2013, they expanded their offerings and joined Tampa’s growing craft beer market when they opened Two Henrys Brewing Company, producing hand-crafted small batch brews. Tours of both the winery and brewery are available on weekends.
Recreation and Events
Fun Fact: Plant City offers 158 acres of designated recreational areas including parks, playgrounds, athletic fields and recreation centers. Here are a few highlights:
- The Plant City Stadium & Randy L. Larson Softball FourPlex is the home of the International Softball Federation, which is the worldwide governing body of softball, and many international and local tournaments are held here. Seventy-five acres include five lighted softball fields, concessions and lit parking areas.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ball Fields offers baseball fields with a batting cage
- Ellis Methvin Park is home to baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, walking trails and a playground, as well as the Plant City Tennis Center with ten courts and a pro shop
- Mike E. Sansone Community Park is the home to the Plant City Little League and includes nine ball fields, basketball and volleyball courts, a skate park, concessions, playground and a nature trail.
- The Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex is home to several youth and adult leagues with football and soccer fields, playgrounds, and Parks & Rec. Programs.
- The Walden Lake Golf & Country Club is one of Florida’s premier golf course with a challenging 18-hole championship course, practice greens, golf tournaments, tennis, swim and fitness facilities, and a clubhouse.
- The Plant City Dog Park includes over 15,000 square feet of play areas for your pup, with lots of shade and seating for doggie guardians.
- The Plant City Family YMCA provides fitness, swimming, social events and family activities to help you reach your fitness goals, along with childcare and camp programs.
Throughout the year, Plant City homeowners and residents from nearby cities enjoy a variety of local festivals and events.
- Pig Jam — This annual BBQ competition, which will be held Nov. 20-21 2015, boasts live bands and activities — as well as great food!
- Strawberry Classic Car Show — Held the third Saturday of every month around McCall Park in historic downtown Plant City, automobile enthusiasts come from all around to display their classic, muscle and import cars, and enjoy music and food vendors.
- Bike Fest — Lovers of two-wheeled transportation enjoy music, vendors and a motorcycle show, with this event held in February, May, October and December in 2015.
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles — No, not the classic John Hughes film starring John Candy and Steve Martin. This is an annual festival for those who appreciate real and remote control airplanes, exotic cars and antique railroad equipment and memorabilia.
- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Cultural Arts Festival — Art and culture are just as important in this city; this 4-day cultural event is held annually in January with food, music, entertainment, concessions, crafted goods and a health fair.
- Florida Strawberry Festival — Since 1930, the annual Florida Strawberry Festival has entertained folks from all over the world with exciting rides, games, live music, pageants, contests and of course a medley of culinary creations made from lush, perfectly ripened, local Plant City strawberries!
Springhead Elementary School is dedicated to developing successful and caring students who value life and learning. With mentoring and buddy programs students are lead on a journey of success and personal empowerment.
Marshall Middle School provides students with a rigorous curriculum to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to reach their highest potential, along with social clubs and extracurricular programs.
High school students living in Eastridge Preserve will attend Plant City High School, an A-rated school for three years in a row! In additional to a top-notch education, athletics and a variety of extracurricular activity programs are included as part of your student’s education.
New Homes in Plant City at Eastridge Preserve
Let’s not forget about the best reason to buy a home in Eastridge Preserve — the Tampa new homes themselves! Choose from more than 10 home plans priced from the $240,000s and boasting three to five bedrooms with 1,841 to 3,315 square feet of living space and a two or three-car garage. Designed for your life, these stylish new homes feature open layouts, spacious kitchens, luxury master suites, covered lanais for enjoying your outdoor views and a variety of luxurious and convenient features such as ceramic tile, light fixtures and/or fans in every room, built-in pest control and much more. Your home will be built exclusively for you, and the professional decorators at our Personal Selection Studio will help you design your home to perfectly match your needs and desires.
Spacious acreage homes, peaceful surrounding with beautiful views, shopping and amenities nearby, and local flavor and entertainment combine to create the perfect neighborhood to call “home.쳌 Limited availability remains in this luxurious community; call our local Plant City new home specialists at 813-704-6947, click here to email us, or stop by our fully decorated model center at 3324 Ranchdale Drive in Plant City.
For more information on Highland Homes, visit our website.
Tags: community focus Eastridge Preserve Highland Homes Tampa new homes Tampa new home new home tampa New Homes
- Communities (491)
- - Auburn Cove (1)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (4)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (2)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (13)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (121)
- Events (164)
- General Info (403)
- Home Buying 101 (71)
- News (457)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsYou’re Invited: Grand Opening of New Homes in Plant City, FL
Now Selling: New Homes in Davenport, FL at Blossom Grove Estates
Suburban Utopia: Laid-Back Living in Your St. Cloud New Home
Home Buying 101: Tax Benefits for Florida Homeowners
Enjoy the Best of Quintessential Florida Living in Auburndale