Lakeland Named Hottest Housing Market for 2019 by Realtor.com
A new report has named Lakeland, Florida as the top city to buy a home in 2019! In the Forecast Top Ten 2019 housing market predictions report, Realtor.com says the Lakeland housing market has ideal conditions for continued sales and price growth thanks to an abundance of employment opportunities, growing household income, a strong economy, growing population, and an increase in new home construction.
Lakeland's strong employment and income are paired with affordable home prices. Lakeland’s median home price is expected to be $162,000 in 2019, compared to the national forecast of $266,800. Add in Lakeland’s sunny, warm weather, convenience to the big cities of Tampa and Orlando, and sparkling lakes and recreation scattered throughout our fair city, and you have a recipe for the perfect place to call home!
In 2019, Lakeland’s housing market is expected to outperform the national average in both sales and price growth. Nationally, sales are expected to drop 2.0%, while Lakeland’s are expected to grow by nearly 5%. In addition, national sales prices are expected to climb 2.2%, while prices in Lakeland are expected to increase by 7.4%!
What does that mean for you? It means now is a great time to buy your new home in Lakeland and take advantage of today's pricing (and interest rates) before expected increases!
Bay News 9 recently interviewed our own Kareyann Ellison, Highland Homes’ Vice President of Sales and Marketing, to talk about real estate in Lakeland. “We’ve been seeing repeatedly over the last three or four years 20 percent increases [in sales], which pretty much speaks for itself,? said Kareyann.
To fulfill the needs on buyers looking for a new home in Lakeland, we are now selling in four (soon to be five) Lakeland new home communities!
- Luxurious new homes are now available in Phase 2 of Highlands Grace, a popular gated community in the Lakeland Highlands area, with pricing from the $260's.
- Our newest Lakeland community, Lakeside Preserve, opened last month and offers luxurious single-family homes with amenities priced from the $260’s, near the Polk Parkway and Lakeside Village shopping center.
- A brand-new model center will be opening next month at Wilder Oaks in N. Lakeland, a boutique community of 55 exclusive homes with pricing from the $210's. This location is so popular, we’ve already pre-sold 25% of the homes in this neighborhood!
- Off Pipkin Road, Towne Park Estates II is a sought-after community with new homes priced from the $180’s, featuring resort-style amenities.
- And, we will soon be announcing a new opportunity for North Lakeland home buyers! Stay tuned to our blog and Facebook page to be among the first to learn about this new Lakeland neighborhood.
Lakeland is a great place to live and Highland Homes is proud to call this city home and help Lakeland home buyers fulfill their new home dreams. To find your new home in Lakeland, contact our Lakeland New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 or visit www.HighlandHomes.org/lakeland.
Tags: Lakeland new home real estate lakeland real estate Lakeland new homes Lakeland new home housing market New Homes
- Communities (491)
- - Auburn Cove (1)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (4)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (2)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (13)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (121)
- Events (164)
- General Info (403)
- Home Buying 101 (71)
- News (457)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsYou’re Invited: Grand Opening of New Homes in Plant City, FL
Now Selling: New Homes in Davenport, FL at Blossom Grove Estates
Suburban Utopia: Laid-Back Living in Your St. Cloud New Home
Home Buying 101: Tax Benefits for Florida Homeowners
Enjoy the Best of Quintessential Florida Living in Auburndale