Make Summer Living Easy and Keep Cool in Your Florida Home
We Floridians are no stranger to sunshine and summer heat. According to Current Results, Central Florida is exposed to 236 days of sunshine out of the 365 days in a year. That’s more than 60% of the year to enjoy lounging on the beach, relaxing in the pool, and energetic days at theme parks or outdoor attractions!
And, the heat also means you are likely to be running up your energy bill to keep your home cool. Wouldn’t you prefer to spend that money enjoying exciting Central Florida attractions?
One of the largest benefits of purchasing a new home in Florida is the energy-saving technology built-in which helps keep your home cool and comfortable as well as saving you money. According to data analyzed by the National Association of Home Builders, a new construction home can save you more than $1,000 per year on utility costs!
How can I beat the summer heat?
As a Florida home builder, we understand you want to keep cool without breaking the bank, and we include energy-efficient features in every home that we build to save you money on your utility bills each and every month:
- Programmable Thermostat — Allows you to schedule for less a/c to be used at different times of the day, such as when you are away from home. According to Home Depot, simple programming can save you up to $180 per year!
- 14 SEER Energy-Efficient Heat Pump — SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) refers to the efficiency of your a/c equipment — the higher the SEER, the lower your cooling costs. For example, our included 14 SEER unit will save you 50-percent in utility costs over a 7 SEER unit you may find in an older home.
- Low E, Double Pane Windows with Tilt-In Sash — These dual panes of glass with a Low-E coating reflect infrared energy (heat) which reduces heat passing through the glass and into your home. And, the tilt-in sash makes cleaning the glass a breeze!
- R-11 Foam Injected Wall Block Insulation — Insulating foam fills the hollow cells in the concrete masonry blocks of your exterior walls and provides a barrier against heat entering your home.
- Insulation — R-30 in living area ceilings, R-4.2 on exterior masonry walls, and R-11 batts between the house and garage provide a barrier against heat entering your home through the walls and ceiling.
- Fiberglass Insulated Entry Doors — Offer up to four-times the insulating value of wood doors, along with excellence in style and durability.
- Rapid Recovery 50-Gallon (min) Hot Water Heater — Uses less energy to maintain water temperature than standard units.
Looking to save even more on your utility bill? We offer several upgrade products to increase your home’s energy efficiency even further such as garage insulation, 15 and 16 SEER HVAC units, and Radiant Barrier. As one of the most popular energy-saving options offered at the Highland Homes Personal Selection Studio, Radiant Barrier reduces cooling costs by a game-changing 8-12%.
How does Radiant Barrier work?
Have you ever been in a hot attic? The roof of your home naturally absorbs the sun’s rays and heat. Radiant Barrier is an insulating foil shield which is attached to the roof trusses of your home when it is being constructed. This material reflects up to 97% of radiant heat back outside, reducing the temperature in your attic by as much as a 30-degrees and decreasing the heat which can transfer through the ceiling into your home. This also drastically improves the efficiency of your ceiling insulation and air conditioning; having a cooler attic means cooler air ducts and decreases the amount of time it takes for the cool air to kick in.
What about in the winter time when it’s colder?
You needn’t worry about the 129 days of “chilly쳌 Florida winters. Much like an insulated cup, Radiant Barrier also prevents heat loss so you can retain indoor comfort during the cooler months ,as well.
How can I add Radiant Barrier to my new Florida Home?
Because of how it is installed, this innovative product is only available to add during construction and not something you can add later. During your design appointment at the Personal Selection Studio, ask about adding this important energy saving feature to your home and our design consultants can give you a hands-on demonstration. The Radiant Barrier option only adds about $8-$14 to your monthly mortgage payment, and will save you an estimated $25 per month, meaning it will immediately pay itself off.
Visit our website to learn more about personalizing your Florida new home at the Personal Selection Studio. If you are interested in visiting the Studio to browse the many energy-saving, style, and convenience options available and start designating your dream home, call us at 863-667-4782.
Highland Homes builds new homes throughout Central, North Central, Southwest and Tampa Bay, Florida, with affordable pricing from the mid $100’s to $300’s. Browse our communities and find your cool new Florida home at www.HighlandHomes.org.
Tags: energy efficient home new vs used Florida home radiant barrier seer low-e tips Florida New Homes central Florida home builder florida new home Florida home builder homeowner tips Florida new home FL New Homes central florida
- Communities (324)
- - Aniston (2)
- - Astonia (3)
- - Auburn Cove (3)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (10)
- - Bridgeport Lakes (6)
- - Chestnut Creek (4)
- - Eagle Hammock (3)
- - Enclave at Lake Myrtle (2)
- - Geneva Landings (3)
- - Gracelyn Grove (4)
- - Hunter's Crossing (5)
- - Jackson Crossing (3)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Ridgewood (5)
- - Scenic Bluff (3)
- - Siena Reserve (5)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (13)
- - Summercrest (4)
- - The Lakes (7)
- - Treymont (5)
- - VillaMar (5)
- - Willow Ridge (2)
- Design and Decorating (111)
- En Espanol (3)
- Events (78)
- General Info (306)
- Home Buying 101 (74)
- Homeowner Tips & Info (9)
- News (397)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (3)
- Why Buy New (46)
Recent PostsWhy You’ll Love Living in a New Home in Davenport, FL
3 Smart Reasons to Buy New Homes for Sale in Eagle Lake, Florida
New Phase of Homes for Sale in St. Cloud at Siena Reserve
Benefits of Waterfront New Homes in Lake Alfred, Florida
New Model Home in Mulberry, FL Now Open