Those who have been watching and waiting for this exciting new community to open may wonder, what goes into building a Highland Home?
If this was your personal dream home, the first steps would be to select your perfect homesite, home plan, and home options. In the case of our model, our professional designers at the Highland Homes Personal Selection Studio selected the colors and options to create a stylish show-home.
When we build a model home, we stick mostly with included features so home buyers may see what they are getting included in the price of their new home. Every new Highland home includes quality, brand-name features such as Mohawk stain-resistant carpeting, Armstrong easy-maintenance vinyl flooring, Valspar paint selections, QualityCabinets® wood cabinetry, Delta faucets, and much more. Additionally, our Selection Studio also offers a multitude of upgrade options available for your selection.
Our goal is for your home building experience to be as seamless and enjoyable as possible, and we have developed a multi-step customer contact process so you are always up-to-date with the latest progress on your new home.
- Builder Orientation: Discuss your home’s specifications and the upcoming construction process
- Building the Foundation: Your homesite is prepared, foundation poured, and block walls constructed. Many inspections occur during this period to ensure your home is being built to the highest safety and quality standards.
- Framing: Interior walls and roof are installed, and everything inside the walls — electrical, HVAC, etc. — is installed and inspected
- Mid-Construction (or Pre-Drywall) Meeting: Your Personal Builder will contact you so you can walk through your home prior to drywall installation and review the construction so far, confirm electrical installations, discuss the options you selected at the Personal Selection Studio, and review the upcoming construction schedule
- Drywall: This is when your home really starts to take shape! Along with the drywall comes paint, cabinets, countertops, wall tile, and the driveway is poured.
- Trim Out: Fixtures, flooring and landscaping are installed; followed by paint touch-up, finishing touches and a final inspection
- First Walkthrough: View your completed home along with your Personal Builder and wrap up any final touches
- Second Walkthrough: Sign off on your home’s quality and completion and learn all about using your home’s features as well as proper home maintenance and a review of warranty coverage.
Throughout the entire construction process, your Personal Builder is available to answer your questions and discuss the construction steps.
Our model home at Meadow Glenn is at Trim Out and we will soon be handing it over to our professional home decorators so they can turn the house into a show quality, model home. Stacey Antonakos-Perez, manager of the Highland Homes Personal Selection Studio, and her team use current home design trends in their model home dÃ©cor to create an overall look that is both modern and functional.
Our model home at Meadow Glenn features the Remington IV home design with four bedroom, two baths, and 1841 sq. ft. of living area. Some of the beautiful design features in this home include customized paint and wall treatments, birch wood cabinets, Wilsonart high-quality laminate countertops, and a digital surround-sound system.
We invite you to come and see the quality and style built into every Highland Home during the Marion County Parade of Homes beginning April 27th.
For more information on the Highland Homes construction process or our Ocala homes at Meadow Glenn, visit the Highland Homes website today!
Tags: Ocala homes new model Ocala
- Communities (500)
- - Aniston (1)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (2)
- - Boyette Fields (6)
- - Bradford Manor (9)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (6)
- - Gramercy Farms (11)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (5)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (5)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (3)
- - Riverbend West (3)
- - Serena Ridge (3)
- - Siena Reserve (1)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (15)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (7)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (15)
- - VillaMar (4)
- Design and Decorating (124)
- En Espanol (3)
- Events (165)
- General Info (415)
- Home Buying 101 (79)
- News (471)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (34)
Recent PostsRuskin, Florida Offers Laid-Back Living near Tampa Bay
Home Buying 101: Types of Home Loans
6 Reasons to Build Your New Home in Auburndale at Juliana Village
Davenport, FL - Fun Size City With Big City Neighbors
Now Building: New Homes in Lakeland at Aniston