Nestled at the intersection of comfort, convenience, and community, townhome living has emerged as a compelling choice for those transitioning from renting thanks to factors such as low maintenance, a strong sense of community, and affordability.
Keep reading as we explore these and more key advantages of living in a new townhome in Florida!
1. Low Maintenance Living
Dreaming of your own home – but not looking forward to spending your Saturdays on yardwork while sweating in the hot Florida sun? When you own a townhome, yardwork is literally no sweat because, in most townhome communities, the Homeowner’s Association (HOA) takes care of lawn and landscaping maintenance for you. If you travel for work or pleasure, this low-maintenance aspect allows for a lock-and-leave lifestyle.
Townhome community HOAs often perform some of the exterior building maintenance, as well, for things such as painting, roofing, and pressure washing.
Townhomes typically offer a lower price per square foot compared to single-family homes. This means a lower purchase price, down payment, and monthly payment! Additionally, reduced maintenance costs offered by townhomes can save you money in the long run, making townhome living an affordable choice.
3. Easy Transition from Renting
Thanks to the affordability and lower maintenance responsibilities, townhomes are a great option to ease into homeownership. Apartment-dwellers may especially find a townhome to be an easy, and logical, next step-up.
Unlike a condo or apartment, townhomes only share one or two side walls – no neighbors above or below you. This offers more privacy, less noise, and the freedom to live life in your space.
Speaking of space…
5. Ample Space
Townhomes offer more square footage than apartments or condos - For example, our townhomes for sale in Plant City, FL offer up to 1,884 square feet of living space, which is equivalent to the average single-family home! In addition, many townhomes include a garage as well as outdoor living spaces such as a porch, patio, or lanai.
The layout and number of bedrooms in a townhome can vary, often based on the age of the home. Our new townhomes for sale in Florida offer 3 or more bedrooms and popular features such as a private owner’s suite, open-concept living space, and dedicated laundry space.
So, start planning that yoga room, man cave, home office, or nursery… your new townhome has space for it!
6. Sense of Community
Townhome living fosters a tight-knit community. Living in close proximity to your neighbors can lead to friendships and a sense of belonging, along with providing the security and peace of mind that comes from knowing that your neighbors are nearby, and looking out for you.
7. Neighborhood Amenities
Most townhome communities come equipped with amenities that can range from BBQ pits and gathering spaces to pools and even gyms. Amenities enhance your quality of life and provide opportunities to socialize with neighbors. Not only that, studies show that residents of neighborhoods with amenities are more likely to rate their neighborhood as a great place to live.
8. Prime Locations
As the name suggests, a townhome or townhouse is usually located in town, in an urban or suburban setting. This provides city convenience, putting you closer to work, entertainment, and shopping centers.
9. Investment Potential
All of this combines to make townhomes a savvy financial investment. When you're ready to move up to a larger property, you can rent out your townhome, benefiting from an additional stream of income. Or, if you choose to sell it, the same advantages of townhome living you enjoyed make it attractive to a future buyer.
Buying a Townhome in Tampa Bay
As you can see, townhomes offer benefits from community and convenience to affordability while providing the space you need.
If you’re looking to buy a townhome in Tampa Bay, let us introduce you to Terrace at Walden Lake, a community of townhomes for sale in Plant City, FL. Here are 9 more reasons you’ll love townhome living specifically at Terrace at Walden Lake:
1. A convenient suburban location just outside of Tampa.
2. Close proximity to grocery stores, parks, and recreation destinations.
3. Spacious layouts with open-concept living space, a gourmet kitchen, three bedrooms including a private owner’s suite, and a 1-car garage.
4. Outdoor living spaces including a front porch and a private screened lanai with a storage closet.
5. Luxurious finishes and convenience features such as appliances and blinds make it easy to move in – just add your furniture and finishing touches!
6. Lawn care, landscaping maintenance, and irrigation are included in the HOA, for your low-maintenance lifestyle.
7. Community amenities include a playground, gathering area with picnic and BBQ pavilions, and common areas with greenery and benches.
8. Enjoy privacy and nature views with each townhome sitting next to open space, ponds, and/or natural conservation areas.
9. Homes are available now with introductory pricing from the $290’s!
Don’t just take our word for it – Take a tour of Terrace at Walden Lake to learn more about living in this townhome community. Call or email our Plant City New Home Specialists today for your VIP appointment!
Tags: Tampa Bay Plant City Terrace at Walden Lake Townhomes Amenities Low-maintenance Now selling Outdoor living First time homebuyer info
- Communities (174)
- - Astonia (4)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (8)
- - Bentley North (2)
- - Bridgeport Lakes (7)
- - Chestnut Creek (6)
- - Eagle Hammock (4)
- - Enclave at Lake Myrtle (3)
- - Geneva Landings (4)
- - Gracelyn Grove (5)
- - Hammock Reserve (2)
- - Jackson Crossing (4)
- - Otter Woods Estates (2)
- - Ridgewood (7)
- - Siena Reserve (6)
- - Silver Springs Shores (1)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (10)
- - Summercrest (5)
- - Terrace at Walden Lake (4)
- - The Crossings (1)
- - The Lakes (7)
- - VillaMar (7)
- Design and Decorating (60)
- En Espanol (2)
- Events (10)
- General Info (87)
- Home Buying 101 (49)
- Homeowner Tips & Info (12)
- News (231)
- Pet Friendly Homes & Communities (14)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsIntroducing New Homes in Auburndale at Bentley North
Decorating for the Holidays - Florida-Style
Live Like a Local: Auburndale Edition
Beat High Interest Rates with Highland Homes
Everything You Need to Know About Living at Astonia in Davenport