Located in the heart of Florida, Haines City is a small city that provides convenient access to life’s necessities and Orlando attractions while being removed from the hustle and bustle of big city living. Home to amazing parks and recreation, fantastic restaurants, and some of Central Florida's biggest events, Haines City is a great place to call home!
Haines City offers an affordable cost of living, too. Buying a new home in Haines City is more affordable than housing in Orlando while still providing easy access to the city and Orlando's renowned attractions, and amazing neighborhoods such as Haines City’s new Gracelyn Grove development make it easy to find the home you’ve been dreaming of.
The Convenience Your Life Demands
Living in a smaller city doesn't mean you need to sacrifice convenience - In fact, Haines City is considered an urban city rather than a rural one, and living in a new home in Haines City, FL at Gracelyn Grove makes everyday life easy thanks to the fantastic location just minutes from grocery stores, schools, major thoroughfares, parks, and more.
Need a gallon of milk, stat? Haines City homes at Gracelyn Grove are just 2.5 miles from the nearest Publix Super Market (at Haines City Mall), and also within 4 miles of groceries from Save A Lot, Roody’s Grocery, ALDI, Walmart, and El Zocalo Supermarket.
If you have school-aged children, drop off is a breeze thanks to Gracelyn Grove’s convenience to zoned schools in the Polk County School District:
- Sandhill Elementary School – 6.4 miles
- Lake Marion Creek Middle School – 9.7 miles
- Haines City Senior High School – On the other side of S 30th Street, approximately 300 feet from the Gracelyn Grove community entrance
And, major roadways including US-17 (1.2 miles), US-27 (2.7 miles), and I-4 (11.2 miles) allow for a simple commute and easy to travel to surrounding Central Florida cities:
- Winter Haven (Downtown) – 11.5 miles
- Celebration – 19.5 miles
- Kissimmee – 22.5 miles
- Lakeland (Downtown) – 24 miles
- Orlando (I-Drive area) – 30 miles
- Orlando (Downtown) – 40 miles
Parks, Recreation, and Attractions
One of the things that makes living in Haines City so great is the year-round sunshine that allows you to enjoy outdoor recreation, community events, and Central Florida’s famed theme parks and attractions. From fishing to organized sports, hiking to swimming, and Disney to Universal Studios, there’s no shortage of things to do when you call Haines City home.
One of Haines City’s most beloved attractions is Lake Eva Park, just 1.7 miles away from your Haines City new home at Gracelyn Grove. This 28.8-acre lakeside park truly features activities for everyone, whether a lakeside picnic, energetic workout, or friendly game of B-ball is more your speed. Enjoy an aquatics center with a competition pool, kids activity area, and splash pad, basketball and tennis courts for sports enthusiasts, trails with exercise stations ideal for either a peaceful stroll or working up a sweat, a public boat ramp and fishing pier, and plenty of space for the kids to let out energy on the park’s multiple playgrounds.
Lake Eva Park is also home to some of Central Florida’s biggest events including the upcoming:
- Ribs on the Ridge Brews & BBQ on February 19, 2022
- Orange Blossom 5k, 10k, and half marathon on March 5, 2022
- Laughs on the Lake comedy festival on March 26, 2022
- Ironman 70.3 Florida on December 11, 2022
In addition, the wintertime Glitter, Glisten and Snow, July 4th Thunder on the Ridge fireworks display, and October’s Trunk-or-Treat provide holiday fun for the entire family.
After all this excitement, you might be looking for a day of peace and quiet, surrounded by nature. Located just 4.4 miles east of your new home in Haines City, you’ll find the Lake Marion Creek – Stokes Preserve and Lake Marion Trailhead, which connect with the Lake Marion Creek Wildlife Management Area and Huckleberry Island. This nature-lovers paradise lets you get away from it all and become absorbed in nature with hiking trails through hilly habitats, pine flatwoods, and swamp forests. You can also fish, bicycle, kayak, picnic, and camp in different areas – and don’t forget to take in the sweet scents and sights of wildflowers!
And of course, we can’t talk about fun in Central Florida without mentioning attractions! One of the BIGGEST reasons to call Haines City home is the convenience to Orlando theme parks. Tourists travel to these world-class destinations from all over the world, and when you call Haines City home, you’ll enjoy the convenience of theme parks right in your own backyard:
- Walt Disney World – 19.6 miles
- Old Town Kissimmee – 21.4 miles
- Universal Orlando – 31 miles
Delicious Eats and Sweet Treats
After a day at work or happily exhausted after a trip to the theme park, cooking may not be on your menu. We got you! Your new home in Haines City, FL is near an array of dining options to satisfy your hunger. Some of the highest-rated restaurants in Haines City include:
- Manny’s Original Chophouse provides a lively atmosphere and “the best steak in town” guarantee (along with equally-tasty ribs, seafood, and burgers)
- City Caribbean Café, where you can fill up on authentic Caribbean and soul food
- Dora’s Pizza, a family-run Italian restaurant specializing in pizza, pasta, and cheesecake
And we can’t talk about dining in Haines City without talking about food trucks! Food trucks in Haines City are rated among the top eats in the city:
- Food Puzzle Grill, parked at the Orange Blossom Flea Market, is said to have the best burgers in town. (Have you tried them? Let us know if you agree!)
- Que Es La Que? is another truck at the Orange Blossom Flea Market and reviews on Google call out this Latin American food truck for being “amazing,” “delicious,” and providing “excellent” service.
- 787 on Wheels will tantalize your taste buds with authentic Puerto Rican food, with some reviewers coming as far as from Miami to eat here.
If you are craving something sweet, Lula Paleta Artisan Popsicles is our favorite place to get a cool treat. Popsicles with toppings?! Yes, please! Plus, they offer frappes, acai bowls, banana splits, and more, each hand-crafted and served with a smile.
Haines City Healthcare
Healthcare is a top consideration for many relocating to a new city – after all, a healthy home is a happy home, am I right? When you live in a new home in Haines City, you’ll appreciate access to healthcare options close to home.
For common illnesses and injuries, new construction homes at Gracelyn Grove are within 10 minutes of urgent care at Walk-In Care Powered by BayCareAnywhere, Doctor Today TLC, and BayCare Urgent Care. In addition, multiple hospitals are within a comfortable distance whether for your healthcare needs or if you work in the medical field:
- AdventHealth Heart of Florida Hospital – 8 miles
- Poinciana Medical Center – 10 miles
- Winter Haven Hospital – 11 miles
- VA Outpatient Clinic (Kissimmee) – 20 miles
- Osceola Regional Medical Center – 24 miles
- Lake Nona Medical City – 30 miles
New Construction Homes in Haines City, FL at Gracelyn Grove
Now that we’ve talked about everything to do when you live in Haines City, let’s talk about the best place to live!
Gracelyn Grove is a brand-new development in Haines City, nestled on the northern outskirts of the city off South 30th Street and E. Grace Ave. across from Haines City High School. Designed to take advantage of Central Florida’s natural beauty, homes at Gracelyn Grove are nestled in a park-like setting with a landscaped entry boulevard, open space, and desirable amenities in Phase 1, including:
- A dog park with separate spaces for large and small dogs. Pet parents can rest on benches while the pups play, and dogs can stay hydrated and cool with onsite doggy fountains.
- A playground shaded from the Florida sun and protected from pop-up rain showers. Walk or take a bike ride to the park, which includes convenient bike racks!
- Common areas with gazebos, picnic tables, and benches - the perfect outdoor space to entertain friends and family and to get to know your new neighbors!
As an added benefit, these amenities are available to you without CDD fees, so your hard-earned money can go further towards enjoying everything there is to do in Haines City.
New construction homes in Haines City at Gracelyn Grove are affordable, too, with introductory pricing from the $290’s. A wide selection of homes are available to choose from offering 1,301 to 3,141 square feet of beautifully designed living space with three to six bedrooms and a 2-car garage.
Homes at Gracelyn Grove provide the features you've been looking for such as open-concept living space ideal for entertaining family and friends, a private owner’s suite where you can relax after a long day, and flexible-use rooms designed to put your home to use in the way you need, whether it’s a playroom, home office, or workout space – the choices are endless and can grow and change as your family does.
Don’t fight the housing inventory shortage - New construction homes in Haines City are available now at Gracelyn Grove! Preview homes available for immediate purchase, then call or email our Haines City New Home Specialists to learn more about owning your dream home at Gracelyn Grove!
Tags: East Polk County Haines City Gracelyn Grove single-family homes open space US-17 US-27 I-4 Universal Studios Walt Disney World now selling amenities dog park playground
- Communities (546)
- - Aniston (2)
- - Astonia (2)
- - Auburn Cove (3)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (9)
- - Bridgeport Lakes (4)
- - Chestnut Creek (2)
- - Enclave at Lake Myrtle (2)
- - Geneva Landings (1)
- - Gracelyn Grove (3)
- - Gramercy Farms (11)
- - Highland Meadows (20)
- - Hunter's Crossing (5)
- - Jackson Crossing (3)
- - Juliana Village (5)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (8)
- - Lakeside Preserve (6)
- - Landings at Eagle Lake (3)
- - Ridgewood (4)
- - Riverbend West (5)
- - Scenic Bluff (3)
- - Siena Reserve (5)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (17)
- - Summercrest (6)
- - The Lakes (8)
- - Treymont (5)
- - VillaMar (5)
- - Willow Ridge (2)
- Design and Decorating (139)
- En Espanol (3)
- Events (164)
- General Info (421)
- Home Buying 101 (86)
- News (516)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (51)
Recent Posts7 Reasons to Move to Ocala, Florida
Now Selling New Homes in Zephyrhills, FL
Is It Cheaper to Buy or Rent in Central Florida?
Now Building in Phase 2 of Aviary at Rutland Ranch
Live Near Top Florida Beaches