Residents of Central Florida New Homes Celebrate Earth Day
Monday, April 22, 2013, marks the 43rd celebration of Earth Day and residents of Orlando, Tampa, Winter Haven and Lakeland new homes have plenty of opportunities to celebrate this environmentally-friendly holiday.
Festivals and events held throughout Central Florida include:
- 8th Annual Central Florida Earth Day: Held at Lake Eola Park (east side) in Orlando, the 8th annual Central Florida Earth Day is the largest and longest-running Earth Day festival in Central Florida. From music to speakers to kid’s activities, this one day event an opportunity for the entire family to have fun while learning about the importance of eco-friendly living. This year’s event will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2013 with activities expected to begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 6:00 p.m. For more information and a schedule of activities, visit www.cfearthday.org.
- 43rd Annual Earth Day Tampa Bay: Organized by the University of South Florida’s Patel College of Global Sustainability, Office of Sustainability and the Tampa Bay Sierra Club, this year’s Earth Day Tampa Bay will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at the USF Botanical Gardens. With a theme of Fresh Food Revolution, the event promotes local food growers, producers, distributors, educators and supporters. The event will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and admission and parking is FREE, but attendees are encouraged to use alternative transportation.
- Free Green Celebration: In honor of the 43rd anniversary of Earth Day, the City of Lakeland is hosting a FREE Green Celebration with a concert and showcase at the Lake Mirror Promenade. The event will be held tonight, April 19, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with live music from the Sofa Kinds along with a variety of exhibits. For more information, visit www.lakelandgov.net.
- Bok Tower Gardens Earth Day Celebration: Local schools are invited to take a field trip to Bok Tower Gardens on May 2, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to noon for their Earth Day Celebration. During the three-hour event, students will enjoy hands-on activities that teach them about protecting wildlife, water conservation, gardening and more. This event is $6 per person and school programs can make a reservation by calling 863-734-1222.
Each of these events offer a great opportunity for residents of our Central Florida homes to get out and learn more about the environment and living eco-friendly lifestyles.
At Highland Homes, we offer Central Florida homes priced from the low-$100,000s in more than 25 communities throughout Tampa, Orlando, Lakeland and Winter Haven. Our homes are built with energy-saving and earth-friendly features such as Low-E double pane windows, R30 insulation, and Mohawk EverStrand carpet which is made of 100% recycled content. For more information on our beautiful homes, visit the Highland Homes website today!
Tags: Florida home Lakeland new home Highland Homes Lakeland new homes Florida homes Lakeland Florida new home FL Central Florida homes New Homes central florida
- Communities (505)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (1)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (5)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (1)
- - Riverbend West (1)
- - Serena Ridge (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (14)
- - VillaMar (3)
- Design and Decorating (124)
- Events (166)
- General Info (415)
- Home Buying 101 (74)
- News (476)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (33)
Recent PostsNow Selling – New Homes in Ruskin, Florida at Riverbend West
Home Buying 101: What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a Home in Florida?
7 DIY Florida Landscaping Tips
Living the Sunshine Life in Palmetto, Florida
Now Selling: New Homes in Zephyrhills at Stonebridge at Chapel Creek