Highland Homes Offers New Homes in Popular Florida Cities
Florida's population has experienced a huge growth in the past year, and with all the Sunshine State has to offer, it's easy to see why! From award-winning golf courses, tranquil lakes, and white sand beaches to exciting attractions like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, our state really has it all!
As one of Central Florida's largest homebuilders, Highland Homes is proud to say that we build in four of the ten fastest-growing areas in Florida including Tampa-St. Petersburg (#2), Orlando-Kissimmee (#3), North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton (#5) and Lakeland-Winter Haven (#7). According to a recent report by the U.S. Census Bureau, Florida has surpassed New York and is now the third most populated state in the country. With 292,000 brand-new Floridians last year, the state now has a population of 19.9 million, surpassed only by California and Texas.
In addition to the Sunshine State’s beautiful weather and natural beauty, part of this huge population boom in Florida is due to the abundance of job opportunities. We recently wrote about economic developments in Lakeland and Winter Haven as well as Tampa Bay, and many jobs have also been created due to the growth in new home construction. Based in Lakeland, we are proud to not only build homes for new Florida residents, but contribute job opportunities that improve our local economy and promote the area’s growth.
Within the U.S., the homebuilding and remodeling industry has created more than 162,000 jobs in the past year. Statistics from the NAHB state that every single-family home built generates 2.97 full-time jobs. As Florida continues to be a sought after state to call home, there is a rapidly growing demand for new home construction. According to the March 2015 housing report, Florida is one of the nation's leaders in increased home sales with a 10.4 percent sales increase in March compared to a year ago. Tampa was a leading contributor, with a 27.3 percent increase in new home sales compared to March 2014.
With Florida attracting new residents and the increase in demand for quality new homes, Highland Homes has recently introduced several new communities in these growing cities to fulfill the needs of Florida home buyers:
- Venetian at Bay Park: Located in the Tampa-St. Petersburg metro area, stylish new homes in Ruskin are priced from the $160,000s and located near some of Tampa’s top beaches, parks and attractions.
- Palmetto Estates: In Manatee County in the North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton metro area, we recently purchased additional home sites in this popular community to offer more opportunities for home buyers to own their dream home from the $150,000s.
- Deer Creek: After selling out last year, we are proud to once again offer quality and affordable new homes in St. Cloud, in metro Orlando. Homeowners enjoy nature views and a playground in the community, a location just minutes from the Florida Turnpike, and homes priced from the $170,000s.
- Lake Doe Reserve: We are pleased to announce Highland Homes now has new homes for sale in Apopka. Just 18 miles from downtown Orlando, this laid-back neighborhood offers spacious homes priced from the $220,000s just a short drive from the city.
- Highlands Creek II: This gated community in south Lakeland offers spacious homes priced from the $210,000s with relaxing pond views, in a location just minutes from shopping, dining, medical facilities and the Polk Parkway.
- Sundance Place: Just south of Lakeland, new homes are now available at Sundance Place in Mulberry. Offering nature conservation views, these stylish homes are convenient to Lakeland and the Brandon area, and affordably priced from the $150,000s.
- Berkley Reserve: In east Polk County, new homes for sale in Auburndale, FL will be coming soon to Berkley Reserve. This laid-back community is in a quiet setting just 5.1 miles from I-4 and 2.9 miles from the Polk Parkway, making it a great home for commuting to Lakeland, Winter Haven, Tampa or Orlando. Homes are planned to be priced from the $140,000s; for first notification of available home plans and pricing, join the community VIP list.
With the population of Florida growing by almost 300,000 people last year, it's clear that the Sunshine State is a desirable place to call home. Highland Homes builds new homes designed for your life in top Florida regions including Lakeland, Winter Haven, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Manatee County and Ocala.
To browse all of our beautiful Florida communities and stylish home plans, and learn more about owning the Florida home of your dreams, visit the Highland Homes website.
Tags: Ocala homes Orlando Bradenton home builder new homes in Orlando Bradenton Florida home Lakeland homes Florida homes Lakeland Ocala Lakeland home Florida new home tampa FL Central Florida homes New Homes central florida new homes in Tampa
- Communities (491)
- - Auburn Cove (1)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (4)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (2)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (13)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (121)
- Events (164)
- General Info (403)
- Home Buying 101 (71)
- News (457)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsYou’re Invited: Grand Opening of New Homes in Plant City, FL
Now Selling: New Homes in Davenport, FL at Blossom Grove Estates
Suburban Utopia: Laid-Back Living in Your St. Cloud New Home
Home Buying 101: Tax Benefits for Florida Homeowners
Enjoy the Best of Quintessential Florida Living in Auburndale