Your Guide to 2015 Holiday Happenings in Florida
Are you looking for a schedule of holiday events and celebrations near your new home in Florida? We’ve compiled a list just for you! The best hometown Christmas parades, craft shows, twinkling lights and festive displays are all just moments away.
Winter Haven area
- Celebrate Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens - November 27-January 3 - Variety of events include Holiday Home Tour at Pinewood Estates, special concerts, winter garden tours, 1930s HoliDAYS, happy hour, craft workshops and more
- LEGOLAND’s Christmas Bricktacular — Select dates December 5-30 — Bring in the season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree, life-size LEGO Santa and holiday entertainment.
- Lake Wales Chorale Christmas Concert - December 11 - 50-plus members of the Chorale perform "The Many Moods of Christmas" holiday concert
- Jingle Bell Classic - December 12 — Jingle all the way to the finish line! 10K race, 5K race and even an event for furry friends — a 1 mile dog run.
- Johnny Dee & The Starlights Christmas Sock Hop - December 15 & 16 - Rock out with an incredible band performance, 50's style!
- Snow Central at Central Park - December 17 — Play in seventy tons of snow! Not something you often see in the Sunshine State, this unique event also promises games, food, Santa and fun.
- Christmas Edition of the Cypress Gardens Water Ski Show - December 19 — FREE water ski show, holiday style.
- Winterfest at Wilson Park - December 12 - Enjoy an electric night-time parade, Festival of Trees, games, vendors and Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
- Light up Lady Lake - December 11 — Over 2.2 million lights make a splendid holiday display.
- Cracker Christmas Parade and Festival in Umatilla - December 12 - Arts & crafts, food, art and fun.
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol - December 18 — An award-winning touring company and Broadway musical comes to The Villages.
- Lights of Lakeland - December 4-6 & 11-13 - FREE annual event held by Highland Park Church. Experience over 500,000 lights, holiday displays, Santa and Mrs. Claus, food trucks and more.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas at the Lakeland Community Theater - December 11—13 - Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the other Peanuts grapple with the real meaning of Christmas.
- Home for the Holidays: The Christmas Gala at Florida Southern College - December 12 — Musical favorites performed by faculty, students and special guests.
- Humbug! The Musical - December 13 - Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol, performs all 27 character in this one-actor musical
- Polk County Kids Expo at the Lakeland Center — December 19 — FREE event with Santa, face painting, bounce houses and vendors.
- Florida Dance Theatre Presents The Nutcracker - December 19 - This family-friendly performance held at FSC's Branscomb Auditorium features dynamic dancers, colorful costumes and creative choreography
- Dinner and a Movie: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - December 19 - Watch this hilarious holiday classic at the historic Polk Theatre
- Public Ice Skating at The Lakeland Center — December 20—January 3
- An Irish Christmas at the Lakeland Center - December 22 - Music and dance refresh your spirit during this joyful performance.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at the Lakeland Center - December 30 —The ultimate holiday tradition performed by renowned, award-winning dancers.
- Manatee River Holiday Boat Parade - December 12 - Viewing sites start at the Bradenton Yacht Club with the parade route ending at the Riverhouse Reef and Grill.
- The Christmas Express at Kirby Family Farm — Select dates November 27—December 30 - Enjoy a 25-minute journey around the Kirby Family Farm in a narrow-gauge historic locomotive, craft and gift village and great food.
- Santa on the Square at Downtown Square — Select dates December 1—17 — Mr. and Mrs. Claus and the elves meet and greet children.
- Gateway Bank’s 2015 Reindeer Run - December 12 - One of Ocala’s oldest running traditions.
- Ocala Marion Christmas Parade - December 12 — This year’s theme is Winter Express and the parade route starts on East Silver Springs Blvd.
- It’s a Wonderful Life at Reilly Arts Center - December 12 & 13 — In the tradition of the original 1940’s radio broadcast, live characters bring to life the story of George Bailey.
- Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - November 6- January 3 — It’s the final year to enjoy undulating lights that shimmer and are synced to joyful tunes for this one-of-a-kind experience.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party — Select dates November 8—December 18 — Snow falls on Main Street USA with lovely stage shows, nighttime fireworks and a unique holiday parade.
- Light Up UCF at CFE Arena - November 13—January 3 - Film festival, light show, attractions and ice skating.
- Ice Skating at Winter Park - November 20—January 10 — Central Park West Meadow is frozen over for a holiday ice skating rink, along with music, movies and games.
- Twas the Night Before Christmas at Gaylord Palms - November 24—January 3 — Exquisite ice sculpture exhibit.
- Holidays Around the World at Epcot - November 27-December 30 — Experience costumes and characters from diverse cultures and different countries.
- Candlelight Processional at Epcot - November 28 —December 30 — A candlelight processional retelling the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a choir and orchestra.
- Now Snowing 2015 at Celebration Town Center - November 28 -December 31 — Horse drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, nightly snowfalls, and photos with Santa.
- Macy’s Holiday Parade at Universal Orlando - December 5—January 2 — Parade including marching bands, sing-alongs and Santa.
- Grinchmas at Universal Orlando - December 5—January 2 — A holiday tale starring the Grinch and the music of Mannheim Steamroller.
- Mannheim Steamroller at Universal Orlando — Select dates December 5-20 — Enjoy live performances by the best selling holiday artist of all time.
- Christmas Lane at the Florida Strawberry Expo Hall - November 27—January 3 - Over 1.5 million lights and 100 Christmas trees, train rides and live entertainment.
- The Peanuts Movie at International Plaza - November 6-December 24 — An interactive experience with the Peanuts gang, falling snow, a 30-foot Ice Palace and holiday activities.
- Tampa’s Downtown on Ice at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park -November 20- January 3 - Ice skate under the palm trees in Tampa’s seasonal ice rink.
- Santa’s Workshop at MOSI - November 21- January 5 — Think, create and design the perfect gift for anyone. Plus, photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus!
- Busch Gardens Christmas Town - November 27- December 31 - Enjoy festive treats, holiday shopping, Christmas entertainment and more than a million twinkling lights.
- Bright Nights at the Glazer Children's Museum - December 10-11 & 17-18 - Enjoy an enchanted land of light with holiday classics and playtime fun
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at Straz Center - December 12 - Beloved Rudolph comes to life in a fantastical musical adventure.
- Apollo Beach Lighted Boat Parade - December 12 — Enjoy lavishly decorated vessels, and join the after party with concession sales to benefit the youth sailing program.
- Hillsborough River Holiday Boat Parade - December 13 - Begins at Lowry Park Boat Ramp and ends at Sulphur Springs Park.
- Twinkle in Tampa Bay Holiday Boat Parade - December 19 - Parade extends from Davis Island through the Channelside District
- Christmas Wonderland at R.E. Olds Park - December 24 — Giant snow slope, pictures with Santa, concessions and family fun.
- Looking for amazing light displays? The Tampa Tribune shares 10 places to see Christmas lights in the Tampa Bay area.
Wesley Chapel & Pasco County
- Synthetic Ice-Skating at The Shops at Wiregrass - November 13- January 3 — A realistic ice skating experience made with Superglide Synthetic Ice.
- Symphony in Lights at The Shops at Wiregrass - Nightly through December 31 - More than 250,000 LED lights choreographed to the music of the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
- Christmas Train Ride - December 12-13 - Take a ride to the North Pole! Held at Crews Lake Wilderness Park in Spring Hill.
Join in the holiday merriment, create wonderful memories, and we wish you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Happy Holidays from all of us at Highland Homes.
If you are looking for a new home in Central, North Central, Southwest or Tampa Bay, Florida, visit the Highland Homes website to explore communities and learn how you can own a new home for the holidays.
Tags: home in Florida New home in Central Florida holiday events Highland Homes new home in Florida events Florida new home tampa Tampa Bay FL New Homes central florida new homes in Tampa new homes in tampa bay
- Communities (487)
- - Auburn Cove (1)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (4)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (1)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (12)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (120)
- Events (164)
- General Info (403)
- Home Buying 101 (71)
- News (454)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsNew Model Home in Davenport, FL Now Open!
Congratulations to our Top Selling Realtor Partner of 2019
10 Simple Steps to Declutter Your Florida Home
Decorating Your Florida Home with 2020 Color Trends
Live a Life of Easy Luxury in a New Townhome in St. Cloud, Florida