February 4th marks the 52nd annual Super Bowl! If you just recently moved in to your new home in Florida, this is a great opportunity to host a game-day party and show your new home off to your friends and family! Here’s a win-win list of party tips to make sure your Super Bowl party is one for the books.
Kickoff the Party: Decorations!
Roll out the green carpet because the most anticipated day in NFL football is here! You don’t want to go overboard and have any distractions around the television at game time, so having most of the decorations placed around the food and drinks isn’t a bad idea.
- Turn any tabletop into a football field in just a few easy steps and dress your table up with themed party supplies for a rush of a good time.
- A few enhancements around your home, such as a “Locker Room쳌 sign on the bathroom door or football paper chains hanging throughout your home can add to the Super Bowl flare!
First Down: Food!
Snacks are one of the most important parts to score points at your Super Bowl party. Make sure you have a spread of both salty and sweet combined with classic Super Bowl snacks like wings and dips. Here are some touchdown worthy snack ideas.
- For guests trying to stick to their New Year Resolutions, healthy game day snacks can be as simple as chocolate covered strawberries or bananas dipped in chocolate and outlined with football markings. A cracker and cheese platter in the shape of a football is a delicious option as well!
- If kids are joining the party, make Super Bowl Sunday a little more fun with snacks shaped like footballs, cookies, and more! Even adults will enjoy football shaped rice crispy treats, crescent pizza pockets, and game-face football cookies.
- If you need a snack that can be made in less than a minute, try some of these quick and easy football treats. Sometimes all you need is a Ritz cracker, chocolate frosting and white icing to make a cute, yummy snack for guest to nervously munch on before half-time!
- It's all about the display - Off the shelf chips, candy and snacks become part of the decor when displayed in a unique way, such as this tower of time-out treats!
- For a more creative mind with extra time, there are numerous ways to form a snack stadium that will blow your guest’s minds! Dishes from seven-layer dips to fruit and veggies to the ultimate stadium that feeds a whole crowd stacked with chips, sandwiches, candies and more!
Next on the Lineup: Drinks!
Get creative with a signature, team-oriented cocktail, or rival cocktails!
- Beergaritas are a Big Game favorite for enjoying the Super Bowl.
- Add to the dÃ©cor of your party by dressing up your drinks with field markings on the cups and goal post straws!
- Find spaces throughout your home for small containers to fill with ice to keep beer and other drinks cool. Place them in strategic places so guests don’t have to constantly run to the kitchen for a refill.
- Of course, offer non-alcoholic options to keep your guests hydrated and game ready. For frequent water breaks, consider providing a big cooler decorated with a stenciled “water break쳌 sign.
Tailgating in Front of the T.V.: Seating!
After food and drinks, the most essential element of your party if where everyone will sit comfortably to watch the game. More than likely, your couch isn’t going to accommodate 10 or more people. There are several easy options to provide everyone a box seat view of the game. Camping or tailgating chairs, bean bag chairs, folding chairs, and large pillows are all easy and affordable ways to add to your seating capacity.
Tackle Down Time: Games!
Having some on-location games for your guests to play is fun for everyone.
- Sunday favorites like corn hole and tossing around a football are always go-to activities.
- For a fun game to play throughout the entire game, try commercial bingo.
- For those wanting to stretch their legs and have some friendly competition of their own, there are many hilarious minute-to-win-it type games to entertain everyone.
Score: New Homes Designed for Your Life
Still looking for your perfect new home in Florida, where you can be the game-day host with the most (awesome home)? At Highland Homes, we offer a wide variety of new homes that you can personalize to perfectly match your style, needs and dream home vision. Browse conveniently located communities throughout Central, North Central, Southwest and Tampa Bay, Florida, and call our Florida New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 to tour a professionally designed and decorated model home near you today!
Tags: personal design tips decor new home personalization party tips Super Bowl Super Bowl party Highland Homes new home
- Auburn Cove (1)
- Communities (482)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (1)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (3)
- - Gramercy Farms (10)
- - Highland Meadows (18)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (4)
- - Laurelwood Landing (1)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Palmer Place (8)
- - Preakness Preserve (1)
- - Sandy Pines (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (12)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (13)
- - Wilder Oaks (5)
- Design and Decorating (117)
- Events (164)
- General Info (401)
- Home Buying 101 (73)
- News (447)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (11)
- Why Buy New (32)
Recent PostsYou’re Invited: Grand Opening of New Homes in Parrish, FL
Inventory Blowout: Save on Move-In Ready Homes in Florida
Come Home to the ‘Center of the Universe’ in Parrish, FL
Homes in Auburndale Offer Laid-Back Locale, City Access
Best Places to Retire in the U.S.