10 Most Popular Design Features for Florida New Homes
Building your new home is an exciting experience from selecting your new neighborhood, to choosing your ideal home site, and the perfect home layout. When you build a new home in central Florida with Highland Homes, you also get to experience the excitement of designing your home to fit your life. Our Personal Selection Studio gives you the opportunity to work with a professional designer to select the colors and features for every room in your new home.
Need some home design inspiration? Here’s a list of the ten most popular home design features chosen by Highland Homes' buyers in Central Florida:
- Twilight Birch Wood Cabinets: These traditional-style cabinets showcase a dark brown, almost espresso color, for a dramatic look in both kitchens and bathrooms. An included option, these cabinets pair nicely with brown or gray tones, and come with your choice of approximately 20 different knobs and pulls with finishes in nickel, brushed nickel and bronze.
- High-Definition Laminate Countertops: This textured laminate countertop surface highly resembles a natural stone, but is much more affordable and low maintenance. Choose from approximately 20 colors and your choice of edge finishes - high-definition (HD) laminate countertops typically showcase a square edge, but you may also choose a crescent or beveled edge for a small up charge. HD countertops are included at select Estates communities, and are an optional upgrade at additional Highland Homes’ neighborhoods.
- Whirlpool Black Stainless Steel Appliances: One of our newest design options, black stainless has become an instant hit! A cross between stainless steel and black, these on-trend appliances offer the look of stainless in a dramatic darker finish which doesn't show smudges, scratches or fingerprints. Black stainless steel appliances are an upgrade and prices vary per appliance, but an entire kitchen can be outfitted in black stainless for around $3,800-$4,300 depending on the exact appliances chosen.
- Gray and White Painted Cabinets: Painted maple wood cabinets are the second most popular cabinet selection among central Florida home buyers! Painted cabinets are a popular choice in both kitchens and baths with two colors available - Shale, a light gray color, and Cotton, a bright white. Pricing varies per plan, from approximately $250-500 for a bathroom to $1,000-1,800 in the kitchen. As with other cabinets, choose from approximately 20 different knob/pull options to complete your cabinets.
- Granite Countertops: An enduring countertop choice, we offer 10 colors of granite for you to choose from, with five unique edge options. Granite is an upgrade at all Highland Homes’ communities, and is priced at approximately $2,500-$4,000 for a kitchen, the most popular room for granite countertops. When you choose to add granite in your new kitchen, a 50/50 stainless steel undermount sink and Moen brushed nickel faucet are included. Granite is also available to complete the ooo-la-la spa bathroom of your dreams.
- Tile Backsplash: The kitchen is one of the most fun rooms to design, and a tiled backsplash is one of the top-selected kitchen design options. Recently, we’ve added even more tile options - choose from 2쳌 x 2쳌 ceramic tiles, glass tiles, metal tiles, and subway tiles. Backsplashes are a great option for their decorative appeal and for their ease of cleaning up cooking splatters. Depending on the kitchen size and tile chosen, adding a tiled backsplash will run you approximately $500-$1,200.
- Wood Vinyl Plank Flooring: Since adding at our Selection Studio last year, vinyl plank flooring has quickly become one of the most popular flooring choices. Select from four colors from Armstrong’s Natural Personality collection - two gray options, one medium brown selection and one dark brown choice. These individual vinyl planks are glued in place and resemble real wood while providing a resilient, easy to clean, and inexpensive flooring that — unlike real wood - can be used in areas where moisture could be an issue, like kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms. This flooring also is a fantastic finish in your family gathering rooms! Prices vary based on room size, but as a reference, a standard foyer is only about $100.
- Sherwin Williams Paint: Paint is one of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of a room, and we offer four select Sherwin Williams interior paint colors as standard options in all homes. Or, choose an alternate color from the Sherwin Williams paint deck for either one room or the entire home, for a small upgrade charge. For the exterior, amp up your curb appeal with 13 different color schemes that include a coordinating body, trim and front door color.
- LED Recessed Can Lights: Included in the kitchen of your new home, these lights are energy-efficient, last for years and brightly illuminate your kitchen workspace. And, you may choose to add LED recessed lights in any other room of your home for $90 per light — a popular addition in family gathering rooms and bedrooms!
- Radiant Barrier Insulation: Provided by Silver Shield, this insulation product helps with heating and cooling costs by reflecting radiant heat. On average, Radiant Barrier can save 10-20 percent off your monthly heating and cooling bill! This upgrade averages $1,000-$1,800 per home, which will quickly pay itself off in energy bill savings.
We hope these popular features have helped you make some choices for your new home — And, they’re just a few of the many options available to choose from at the Highland Homes Personal Selection Studio. Browse our central Florida home plans and photos to get even more design inspiration, and if you’re ready to start designing the new home of your dreams, contact our Florida New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999 today!
Tags: design studio personal design design features new homes in Central Florida Highland Homes selection studio personal selection studio design trends Florida new home FL New Homes central florida home design
- Communities (488)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (1)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (5)
- - Gramercy Farms (11)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (1)
- - Riverbend West (1)
- - Serena Ridge (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (14)
- - VillaMar (3)
- Design and Decorating (123)
- Events (165)
- General Info (411)
- Home Buying 101 (75)
- News (465)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (33)
Recent PostsHome Buying 101: Today’s Mortgage Interest Rates
Now Selling – New Homes in Ruskin, Florida at Riverbend West
Home Buying 101: What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a Home in Florida?
7 DIY Florida Landscaping Tips
Living the Sunshine Life in Palmetto, Florida