When searching for your new Florida home, location, price, home size and layout are major considerations for your purchase. Finding the perfect home with a layout that you like, colors that match your style, and that is in great condition can be tough when looking at resales. That’s why your choice to shop for a brand-new home, personalized to your style, designed for your life, and built by a reputable home builder, is a smart one!
According to home design experts who spoke at this year’s International Builder Show, in no particular order, here are the top must-have features for new home buyers like you!
- A Beautifully Designed Kitchen
Kitchens are the heart of the home and must be highly functional and well designed — As well as offer some WOW. Here are popular features in the gourmet kitchen of your dreams:
- Island breakfast bars — Islands not only add an attractive balance to a kitchen, they also increase functionality and double as an extra dining space
- Classic granite countertops — For maximum durability, long-term usage, and visual appeal, granite is definitely the countertop of choice
- Tall cabinets and decorative accents — 36쳌 and 42쳌 cabinets, crown moulding, and decorative hardware make the most of your storage space and to add an upscale look to your kitchen
- Gray cabinets — Gray is one of the hottest colors in home dÃ©cor and painted gray cabinets offer a neutral decorating base that can be paired with almost any color scheme
- Walk in pantries — Perfect for food storage, keeping kitchen appliances off the counter, and corralling kitchen clutter
- A Convenient Laundry Room
Modern day homebuyers won’t settle for laundry machines in their kitchen! Laundry rooms have become a necessity for most first-time and especially second-time homebuyers. Having a dedicated laundry room means not having to listen to loud laundry machines, and keeps heat and moisture in the laundry area. In a two-story home, the laundry is very convenient when located upstairs near the bedrooms.
We offer a variety of Whirlpool washers and dryers, and you can also choose to add a convenient laundry tub for all of your “hand wash only쳌 items, washing pets, or cleaning greasy hands and dirty garden tools on the way in from the garage.
- Smart Home Solutions
With your busy life, you will love technology options that make your home smarter and everyday life simpler! These options are popular in our new homes in Florida:
- USB outlets - For the peak of convenience, some of our home plans come complete with a drop zone near your entry door which includes USB outlets, giving you a convenient space to charge all your electronics. You can also opt to add USB outlets anywhere in your home you would like.
- Built-In Sound Systems — Music or movie lover? You will LOVE our surround sound options which include features such as flush in-ceiling speakers, in-room volume controls, iPod dock, Sony receiver, Sony Blu-Ray player, subwoofers, and more, all with the cabling hidden inside your walls and out of sight for a true high-end home theater experience.
- Wireless Security System — Keep yourself and your loved ones safe with features like glass break sensors, motion activated lighting, and door contacts.
- Open Home Layout
If you are like most home shoppers, an open floor plan is at the top of your must-have list. Having unobstructed views throughout the living areas will make your rooms feel much larger, regardless of the size of your home. An open layout brings in natural light, creates great entertainment spaces, and lets you easily interact with others in your home. Parents love it because they can supervise homework or TV time while getting dinner ready, and do not have to worry about what’s going on in the other room. Our most popular home plans include the open layout Parker and Oleander II.
- Outdoor Living Spaces
Beautiful views and fresh air make personalized outdoor living spaces a major design trend, and perfect for our nearly year-round Florida sunshine. Most of our home plans include a covered lanai which extends your indoor living outside. Optional screening and ceiling fan installation make this a comfortable space to relax summer or winter, sunshine or rain. You can even opt to add a pool during your home’s construction, to create the backyard oasis of your dreams. And, with the variety of ways to decorate your porch and lanai, you can truly make your outdoor areas a functional part of your home.
- A Spa-Like Master Bath
Light, airy, relaxing. These are just a few of the words that describe the spa-bath experience. Spa-like master bathrooms are desired by most homeowners, and it’s reflected in the design of new homes. Gone are the days of one small bathroom for the whole family to share! In our Florida new homes, the master suite gets its own private bath with luxurious features that make getting ready each morning less of a chore. The luxury master bath included in most of our homes comes with dual vanities, a tiled walk-in shower, oval or corner-style garden tub, natural light, vanity style fixtures, and a medicine cabinet for additional storage. Choose to upgrade your space with a jetted Jacuzzi tub, dual shower heads, decorative wall tile, and 36쳌 high vanities, to name just a few of the wow-worthy bathroom options we offer.
About Highland Homes
If you’re searching for a new home in Central Florida, Tampa Bay, Metro Orlando, Bradenton or Ocala, you can find all of these desirable features, and many more, in a brand-new Highland Home. To browse our communities, find your perfect home plan, and learn about out Personal Selection Studio where you select all of the features and finishes to customize the new home of your dreams, visit the Highland Homes website or call our New Home Specialists at 863-797-4999.
Tags: Florida home design International Builders Show Highland Homes new Florida homes Florida homes new Florida home Florida FL home design
- Communities (505)
- - Auburn Cove (2)
- - Aviary at Rutland Ranch (6)
- - Blossom Grove Estates (1)
- - Boyette Fields (5)
- - Bradford Manor (8)
- - Breakwater Cove (2)
- - Canopy Reserve (2)
- - Casara (4)
- - Devinshire Estates (5)
- - Gramercy Farms (12)
- - Harvest Landing (1)
- - Highland Meadows (19)
- - Highlands Grace (6)
- - Jackson Crossing (2)
- - Juliana Village (4)
- - Kingsland Country Estates (6)
- - Lakeside Preserve (5)
- - Monticelli at Tower Lake (2)
- - Normandy Heights (4)
- - Preakness Preserve (3)
- - Ridgewood (1)
- - Riverbend West (1)
- - Serena Ridge (2)
- - Stonebridge at Chapel Creek (14)
- - Summercrest (3)
- - The Lakes (6)
- - Towne Park Estates (14)
- - Tuscany Bay (14)
- - VillaMar (3)
- Design and Decorating (124)
- Events (166)
- General Info (415)
- Home Buying 101 (74)
- News (476)
- The Experience of Building My Highland Home (10)
- Videos (12)
- Why Buy New (33)
Recent PostsNow Selling – New Homes in Ruskin, Florida at Riverbend West
Home Buying 101: What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a Home in Florida?
7 DIY Florida Landscaping Tips
Living the Sunshine Life in Palmetto, Florida
Now Selling: New Homes in Zephyrhills at Stonebridge at Chapel Creek